Notices

Isnt it funny?

Old 09-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Isnt it funny?

Nope, 5 classes, real easy. Best way to do it. If you build a boat to win, you will. Oh yeah, and running like 15 races a year like Augie and Smitty do doesn't hurt your chances either. Run with the big dogs, or stay on the porch
I agree, Ihave the privilage this year of racing the smallest boat in offshore(KEAN) and the largest (AMF) and I can tell you this
My 24 ft boat and I can be very competative. I always go out to win and never go into a race thinking I won't.You win some, you lose some. thats the name of the game.
Plus that victory in a small boat is that much sweeter.
Don't get me wrong, I love racing the 51 OL, but everyone expect it to win and when we don't, it is a let down
Nobody expects to get beat by a 24 and it is the best

I have beaten boats with twins numerous times, I have beaten a 38 Scarab, I have lost to 24ft boats. P class is great and I love beating bigger boats.

Last edited by ScottB; 09-14-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Gold Member

[QUOTE=Wazzup Racing. Putting the original power back in for KW. Going back to defend the worlds, in P3[/QUOTE]

OMG, Smiity on the way down to KW, stop in Miami launch the boat put mama and boomer in the helicopter and we will race 100 miles to KW for pleasure, hell we can join the poker runners. NOW THAT IS PLEASURE. BTW, cant wait to race against the purple boat again
Old 09-14-2005, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

Albert. We are defending P3 in the Worlds. It aint over buddie. Three more times!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Registered

Just for the record, I took no offense to anyone's post.

I guess I look at it this way as a new racer who did some homework: first, I greatly enjoy offshore racing...yes, it's an addiction; second, I bought my boat ideally knowing what class I wanted to race in; third, I ensure I fall within the rules to remain in my class (sometimes having been cautious not to break-out on long straight-away, flat water courses...considering the law of averages); fourth, I bought my boat with a reliable engine/drive combo (the engine's not blue, but the drive is black)...can't afford replacing "home builts"; fifth, no one yet has dominated P5...the competition is fairly even (taking into account that SBI/APBA P5 is 28' and less, single engine...the other P classes vary more and thus the concern that started this post); sixth, I think I might get claustrophobic in a closed canopy boat; seventh, my handful of sponsors are new to offshore racing and are excited about being involved with the sport; eight, okay...you get the point, I could go on.

I'm not sure what could be done to make the P classes more evenly matched...too many variables to account for...but I do like P5 for what it is. I think if we allowed bigger boats with twins, then I probably wouldn't feel the same or may question how those boats could be in the same speed bracket as mine.

BTW...next to the SV classes, P5 has the greatest number of boats and I haven't raced a race yet this year where we didn't have some great deck-to-deck racing.

Of course, I haven't met any racer yet that does this for the money either. Think about how much worse it would be if we really did this for money....might actually have some fights break out after the races, instead of everyone getting together to party.

All, be safe and enjoy what we've got. Otherwise, there's the poker run circuit.

Sean
Old 09-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Albert. We are defending P3 in the Worlds. It aint over buddie. Three more times!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Oh boy it is going to be fun, the waters of KW and yes three times in one week.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ScottB
I love racing the 51 OL, but everyone expect it to win and when we don't, it is a let down
Nobody expects to get beat by a 24 and it is the best

I have beaten boats with twins numerous times, I have beaten a 38 Scarab, I have lost to 24ft boats. P class is great and I love beating bigger boats.
Having raced from SCL to P5 in a 24, I would have to agree with what you said 100%!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Racer
Racer

funny how? what funny ha ha? what im here for your amusement? lol we had a great time racing among the best racers in the world, we ran strong, last yera was 3rd in p2 this year was 2nd in p3 next time who knows? eric and myself would like to thank john and deana carbonell and there entire staff for a monumental effort in making the race happen and thanks to joe scro and peter meyer for the after race party. on the original topic of p classes maybe a boat with a radar gun on each straight away would keep things a little more level? my vote for the most competitive class of the day was p-5.

good luck and be safe
louie the rigger
Old 09-16-2005, 06:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And Lou, THANK YOU