Notices

Isnt it funny?

Old 09-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Isnt it funny?

A good friend of mine with the same boat as mine goes to the NYC race to enter his 32 Activator in P3 class and gets a hard time from the tech officials.They first think his boat is my boat and they give him the total business of prop pitch,gear ratio,compression ETC.[By the way he called me to thank me ]and finally let him race in P3.I rode in his boat before the race and all i could get was 88 on GPS race ready.He said at the start the yellow Cat went by him at least by 10 MPH when he was going 89 on GPS.Isnt it funny that the first place boat[yellow cat] has a connection to a tech official?I dont want to stir up some sh1t on here,but this is the reason that myself,BJ and a handful of other racers dont race anymore.If you think i am out of line, please express your views and rip me a new A-hole.If i am wrong i am sorry.Just want some feedback if someone else felt the same thing.This section doesnt need more bull sh1t.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Isnt it funny?

I have heard the same complants from other racers. The only thing I will say is that Richie Dancision does not play favorites. If the prop calc = P3 then thats where they belong. On the other hand..... it is a former c-class boat....maybe they changed the engines...i dunno.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Qball
I have heard the same complants from other racers. The only thing I will say is that Richie Dancision does not play favorites. If the prop calc = P3 then thats where they belong. On the other hand..... it is a former c-class boat....maybe they changed the engines...i dunno.
I raced in C-class
Old 09-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Gold Member

If they have the same C class engines from way back when, then who the hell built them because they have last forever........
Old 09-13-2005, 06:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say is Lou ran a hell of a race. Good People, Stand Up with a smile on his face always. We all get the Prop Cal. thing, some boats are better in rough water and some better in calm.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Registered

Smile Re: Isnt it funny?

TO JC performance, I throttled that big yellow cat for 7 years. I could never get the boat to go over 90 mph no matter what I did. It is a very good rough water boat with excellent accelaration though. The rules for P 3 class says that you can go up to 92 mph based on your prop. calcs. That boat fits right in that class. The great thing about that boat is that is runs the same in rough water during race conditions as it does testing. Many boats do not do that. This kind of racing is all about acceleration not top end speed.
I hope this post will set you straight about the classes and rules. Rich D doesn't show any favirites to anybody. He knows that boat and how fast it goes. By the way, they are the same engines from way back when. They are 9.5 comp. single ram intakes nothing special inside. Probable why they lasted so long. Gary H. from B and G marine built them. I ran them for over 30 races and I think Gary ran them the last 2 races.

Last edited by irace; 09-13-2005 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Gold Member

Looking forward in racing against Rolling Thunder in the near future, nothing like great competition.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I thought Rolling Thunder won a bunch of races in C class back then! Are you telling me that that class was only going 90MPH? I remember it racing R&R,Muller,Instigator and some other pretty fast boats then. Were they all only going 90 MPH? I thought that was a 110-120 MPH class.
MD
Old 09-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I thought Rolling Thunder won a bunch of races in C class back then! Are you telling me that that class was only going 90MPH? I remember it racing R&R,Muller,Instigator and some other pretty fast boats then. Were they all only going 90 MPH? I thought that was a 110-120 MPH class.
MD
120 mph back then was an open class boat called Labbats Beer, an APACHE cat throttled By Lorne Liebel. Moreover, that was one of the fastest cats in open class and it did 120 mph in Marathan. C class was a diffrent class John Tomilson drove a similiar cat like Rolling Thunder with Manny Fernandez throttling and it did about 105 mph. Those boats are very heavy and one person who knows them best is Bill Gazell, he throttled Rolling Thunder.......My friend owns the old C class world champion boat American Dream which is getting rigged for Poker runs, darn it. It has the original motors that have been freshened by Mesa Balancing 555 ci 750 hp motors on number 4 drives.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
MD
I raced in Armed and Dangerous and went up against Rolling Thunder many times.I can assure you the boat is faster than 92 MPH.

Quick Reply: Isnt it funny?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.