More Great News for OSS

Notices

More Great News for OSS

Old 10-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,308 Likes on 3,706 Posts
Default More Great News for OSS

The Offshore Super Series (OSS) announced that the Tampa area Chrysler Jeep Dealers have signed on as the title sponsor for the OSS World Championship races to be held in St. Petersburg, FL, next month.

“It’s an honor to have the Chrysler Jeep Dealers as the title sponsor of OSS’s offshore World Championship races,” said Elaine Motl, OSS chief executive officer. “Sponsoring the World Championship races of the premiere offshore racing organization gives the Chrysler Jeep Dealers the opportunity to connect to a new market of fans.”

There are 26 Chrysler Jeep dealerships located throughout the Tampa area.

The World Championship racing series begins Tuesday, November 15, with the arrival of approximately 45 racing teams to St. Petersburg, FL. Two days of testing and two days of racing will take place during the week. An awards ceremony will be held at the Columbia Restaurant the evening of Sunday, November 20, where World Champions will be presented with checkered flags, trophies and cash purses in each of the five classes of race boats.

Marketing initiatives supporting the Tampa area Chrysler Jeep Dealers and the races include radio and newspaper advertising and public relations events.

The Offshore Super Series Powerboat Racing Association® (OSS®) is a not for profit organization dedicated to further the development and growth of offshore powerboat racing in North America.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: More Great News for OSS

Pete ,

27 boats at the Nationals in CC and App. boat count of 45 at the Worlds ???
Old 10-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, It's a great thing isn't it?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Firkins Chrysler Jeep has supported offshore racing and Joey Gratton for years. They are good people-
Old 10-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

I dont write the press releases, just post them.
Maybe some new teams, keep in mind there are 49 teams listed on
the OSS website. if they only have 30 teams there so be it, if they have more, so be it. however there will be more than one or two boats per class! so it will be good racing.

However you look at it, OSS will have a sucessful world championship in St. Pete. It will mark the beginning of thier 3rd Season, as I am sure between now and April of 2006 they will have numerous press releases,
new sponsors, more teams joining. and a even bigger and more Nationwide series.

Enjoy Key West, Please be safe, good luck.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Registered

I hope so, it has to start to get better.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
I hope so, it has to start to get better.
Please explain this. As I see it, for a second year group they are doing great, they have overcome adversity from every direction including Mother Natures worst storms in decades to get thier races in. Thier Racers have been instramental in assisting towns that needed help after these storms. They are a VERY UNSELFISH GROUP.

They dont use strong arm tactics to influence thier racers, ie,
NO TV Time. make threats to sue over use of a name, ie, Worlds. If racers choose to go to KW, and some are, they wont be penalized or ostrasized (SP) by doing so, it is their choice.

As for better, the racing is great and will get better as more teams join OSS, and they ARE!! Fans have a much easier time understanding what is going on. As for the racers, they have to do what is good for them both in the spirit of competition and cash spent to bring offshore racing to the next level. OSS is doing that! I guess you could say they are paving their own way. Once again I, because I speak for myself, wish you a safe and enjoyable time in KW.

Last edited by Pete B; 10-17-2005 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:33 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chrysler Jeep is a very compassionate and loyal sponsor.

They really stuck by the Unlimited Hydroplane group when the DEtroit Gold Cup ran into problems..

Welcome CJ...

marc
Old 10-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Registered

Pier 57/Twisted Metal # 58 Super Vee wasn't able to trailer the boat at the last mnute to Corpus Christi, but its ready for St Pete! Had some major trailer issues the last 48 hours, boat was ready and able with the help from Big John. Still in the game! - It sucked not being in Corpus since the last 30 days all the work that was put into the motors,drives, etc.. But ready for the Worlds... Lisa
Old 10-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Frank, we thank you for your insincere concerns.

Quick Reply: More Great News for OSS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.