Lake George Demo Race.

Notices

Lake George Demo Race.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,065 Likes on 281 Posts
Default Lake George Demo Race.

Not shure of the date yet other than early to mid. spring. There are two classes. We will be in the top class. All can come if boat runs a solid 65!

Last edited by TeamSaris; 02-13-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Lake George Demo Race.

Iam organizing this event again this year. The date will be on the Saturday before Memorial Day. I have a meeting with the Mayor of the Village of Lake George on Wednesday am to start planning the event. It is a great event with alot of spectators on shore. There will be food vendors on the street and a live band also. The boats will be on display in the water for a few hours prior to the event. Of course, we will have all the nessesary saftey crews, dive teams and a helicopterand on scene to help with the run. After the event, We will have a huge party with foodat one of the local establishments for all who participated in the event.

Like Fast Fun said, All are invited. For all the race teams, this would be a good tune up before the regular season gets going. I will set aside a seperate class for the "Professional" racers if we get atleast 6-7 boats to run together.

My long range goal with this event is to get enough participation from the race teams, hope for good weather so that alot of people show up to watch and proof to the Village of Lake George that a REAL santioned race would be a good venture for the town. If we draw enough people, I think they would go for it and possible get OPA another race site

Last edited by otis311; 02-13-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Thanks Bob. If OPA comes I think another great site would be Northwest Bay. It is Long Enough and wide enough. The wet pits can be at Performance marine\Bolton Landing Marina.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything is possible!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Driver-441
Racer

always Augie!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have been going to lake George for over 30 years and I am 42 and agree this would be another great family site with plenty to do! Can you sell it to the other side of the lake? pretty upper crusty like their peace and quiet. Where do you think you would organise dry pits? Sounds like a great Idea to me. For anyone that has never been there you might think you died and went to heaven.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Thanks Bob. If OPA comes I think another great site would be Northwest Bay. It is Long Enough and wide enough. The wet pits can be at Performance marine\Bolton Landing Marina.
This is where every thing could be. Dry Pits could be Inside BLM or at a town park.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I have also been going to the lake for the last 14 years in a row. We stay at the Boulders for a week every summer. There is plenty of room to race on that lake in any class. MAKE IT HAPPEN
MD
Old 02-15-2006, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lake George. We discussed this one over the winter. Just couldn't get it together. There is always next year. Our team will come up and support you guys. Would be a nice memorial day weekend. We have a meeting in ten days, I'll see who wants to go. What do you say Augie?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're In.

Quick Reply: Lake George Demo Race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.