Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   The Reason Im racing OPA (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/127427-reason-im-racing-opa.html)

used_parts 04-13-2006 10:42 AM

The Reason Im racing OPA

Ive had alot of phone calls asking why our team left SBI.I had a talk with John C asking why a cat was running P 4 class and said just doesnt seem fair.His answer was we need to fix the problem and said ther will be two P 4 classes v-hull and cat.I said if i wanted to race a cat i would have bought one i then said i would race OPA if a cat was racing in P4.I think the two classes was done to shut me up in my home town where i grew up or for the 2000.00 dollars we spent in membership.I felt we were lied too and betrayed ,im speaking for my self but SBI will never see another dime out of me!! I would rather not race then be lied to. James Glover Team Undecided

Qball 04-13-2006 04:05 PM

Re: The Reason Im racing OPA

Welocome to the OPA boyz!!! :evilb:

packinair 04-13-2006 04:37 PM

from what I hear you are not the loan ranger.. seems just about all the people that really care about racing are with OPA/OSS

BRUCE SEROFF 04-13-2006 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by packinair
from what I hear you are not the loan ranger.. seems just about all the people that really care about racing are with OPA/OSS

very true...he is not the only one. But.........

I dont know if your statement is fair to many race teams that care very much about racing. There are alot of guys who are caught up in all the politics and are loyal to the association whether they like it or not. Then you have the teams who live down south that are serious racers, but dont have the resources to drive up north every other week for a race. unlike some of the northern brothers who drove all over gods creation to support SBI. And then you have the teams that have their heads so far up JC's a$$, you'de have to air mail in light.

Now, OPA is offering a program that makes it worth while to come up north. Hopefully, they will succeed.

OSS has some bad a$$ competition and will put on a great show wherever they race. They are the spin off from APBA, which I had the utmost respect for the way they put on a race.
Very proffessional. And I never fell asleep at a drivers meeting either :D .

I think there is alot of frustration with teams down south for several reasons. but now they have options.

I belive We all want the same thing...The BIG SHOW with good, fair competition without all the BS.

Ms PatriYacht 04-13-2006 07:34 PM

Hope all is well with Team Undecided and we see you up North at the St Clair race

Ted G 04-13-2006 07:56 PM

This year will be a great one for Offshore racing. There is a lot of enthusiasm, great teams, new blood, and some actual MONEY floating around. Wherever everyone chooses to race be safe, have fun, race hard :D

NASTY HABIT 04-13-2006 08:01 PM

Glad to see you 2 are gonna be out racing again.....sounds like a good decision to me. Rox says Hi!!

Ron P 04-14-2006 12:47 PM

Welcome to OPA - We'll take good care of ya.

thedonz 04-14-2006 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P
Welcome to OPA - We'll take good care of ya.

you can mark his word on that ; he for sure won't let you guys down

jr mike

Ron P 04-14-2006 03:24 PM

Don't spoil him Donz, we took extra good care of you - :D

You should come up at least once and run with Da Boyz. How about Point Pleasant. You can even bring your sister!