Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   THAT GIRL has spoken! #37 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/129137-girl-has-spoken-37-a.html)

SCRAPMAN1 05-03-2006 10:38 AM

THAT GIRL has spoken! #37

OK its my turn to RANT .. The way I see it. I spent alot of money on the race boat, putting together a race team, RV, Truck, lots of testing, training, lots of dateless nights working on boat, long boat work weekends, trying to get sponsors etc.. and when it comes to something like HERING PROPS I get sick to my stomach. I will race yes, with old chipped blades even after repaired by Throttle up twice. I had ordered props in October and then again with MARTIN SANBORN help in Feb. I got an invoice, price, approx date for delivery March 2006. then again April , gave credit card, then another date of delivery.Then another excuse on delivery date of April 20. Then Martin Calls me this Monday and says' I'm sorry even I can't get you the props for the upcoming race and I dont know when the new date for delivery is. Martin Sanborn and I have been trying to get Herings props all preseason and with NO LUCK. I asked for Martins help in February at the Boat show and told him what I had experienced with getting props from Hering and he was my key person and last resort to get them. So this team who like many other teams is struggling just to be competitive is so pissed because its like HERING forgot about the RACE teams and works on new production boats, Hell, when I bought my 38 Fountain pleasure boat it didnt have 6 Blade Herings. Something has to give or is Reggie holding all the props so WE must race with SBI or something. This sucks.. I have called, called, called anyone who has 6 blade, 15 1/2' 30, 31, 31, 33 New, or like new with NO bent, chipped, blades see what you can do to help. Hell, if your so sure YOU can get a pair, sell me yours and then reorder I'll pay you $100 more than you paid plus shipping. Oh and by the way my new name is " THAT GIRL" you see THAT GIRL according to Reggie has only raced a few races and he thinks I dont compete on the circuit. So I haveto say thanks to Martin Sanborn calling me THAT GIRL. Because before the season ends THAT GIRL will find her some good props and will get her checkered Flag. Guys, at times when you think its hard to be competitive, race, keep equipment good, fast, strong and travel to the races, get sponsors and be competitive on the course, just think how hard it is for our team trying to compete in YOUR sport, because of THAT GIRL it sucks because most of you have known me for a long time and racing is in my heart but at times it's twice as hard for me to deal with this bull hit! I'm like a sister to most of the racers and will do anything to help out another team. Biily is also the the most honest helpful hard working guy to deal with a woman driver...On the water we are very competive but off the water we help each other. Thanks for listening and if you can help please call *941-232-4524. Lisa Matthews or hell call Martin Sanborn and he will explain this is no bu l****..We will be in Pickwick and all OSS races but we may not be the one in the lead, but we will give it all we have and then some...
#37 Twisted Metal/Pier57
Super Vee....

BRUCE SEROFF 05-03-2006 10:43 AM

Re: THAT GIRL has spoken! #37

Give em hell Lisa..... :mad:

used_parts 05-03-2006 11:51 AM

Rant on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I had my turn.
James P4-20 and still pissed.

KenD 05-03-2006 12:43 PM

Lisa,

If it makes you feel any better, your not the only one. This isn't a SBI or OSS problem...its a problem for everyone.

If you can't get the equipment you need to be competitive...why spend your time and money just to run in the back of the pack.

The real question is: If Hering props aren't available to ALL teams...why are they legal?

ScottB 05-03-2006 12:58 PM

Lisa, The only Herings we can find are pickled at the local Deli.
Ranting always makes me feel a little better, I hope it does the same for you. See you in PickWick

SCRAPMAN1 05-03-2006 01:24 PM

Yeah.. and I thought it was that Someone just didnt want me to beat his son.. lol.. Even Lil Reggie cant get good props. ( Or he says).. But since he and I are sponsored by Pier 57 he is telling me the truth. But in the end he is the son of big R and seems to pop out with a nice set at the last minute. . Ranting made me feel better for this 16 hours of drive we are about to do knowing we have some bad props to start with..Heck in car racing you can get what you need and the best is available to anyone with pockets. Poker runs sounding better every day...

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-03-2006 03:35 PM

Sorry to hear this Lisa. I recall last year you were looking for these props too.... :(

They should be readlily available to all teams :mad:

Good luck Lisa.

It's nice to see you don't give up so easily.... :drink:

Wazzup Racing 05-03-2006 03:53 PM

Yea sure.....what about the rest of us that invested a fortune in Herrings? Smitty

James 05-03-2006 04:29 PM

WOW - you guys are down on the wrong people - how about the guys that make the engines and drives........... a little company called Mercury - I think you should be pissed at them for not having props - and in the same breath Mercury should be ashamed that to make Mercury equipment work well that you have to go on the street and purchase after market equipment -

FYI - I have done a lot of testing in a CL and gotta tell you a tricked out set of Hydros is every bit as competative as Herings - Talk to Throttle up or BBlades -

BRUCE SEROFF 05-03-2006 04:43 PM

dont you worry. throttle-up will have their secret weapon soon