Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   Best Cat design Mike Peters? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/202573-best-cat-design-mike-peters.html)

chewiekw 02-02-2009 05:53 PM

Best Cat design Mike Peters?

It seems like Michael Peters design is dominating racing theses days with Mystic, Platinum, Victory (Class-1) and even Outerlimits building and using his design...i guess you can through CUV and Malstrom in there too...

What is so special about it? It seems the same basic design since it first cam out years ago. How does it differ from each builder? (other then length)

Is it the best design to date?

Sean H 02-02-2009 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by chewiekw (Post 2791457)
It seems like Michael Peters design is dominating racing theses days with Mystic, Platinum, Victory (Class-1) and even Outerlimits building and using his design...i guess you can through CUV and Malstrom in there too...

What is so special about it? It seems the same basic design since it first cam out years ago. How does it differ from each builder? (other then length)

Is it the best design to date?

I would take mystic out of that list before Cosker see's it.

chewiekw 02-02-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H (Post 2791479)
I would take mystic out of that list before Cosker see's it.

Why?

Ryan Beckley 02-02-2009 06:43 PM

Becuase, John Cosker who runs & owns Mystic is a Naval Architect....

R.P.M. Magazine 02-02-2009 07:06 PM

IMO Mystic powerboats are one of a kind.. John has created some of the most technologically advanced raceboats on the course today.

chewiekw 02-02-2009 07:32 PM

I always thought that Mystics were based off Mike Peters designs? They look very similar...Didn't he start off with a Tencara which was designed by Peters?

byrideroffshore 02-02-2009 08:03 PM

43 Tencara which Platinum has out in California...Andreas and Vern are about ready for production...

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-04-2009 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The first boat that Cosker was racing which peeled the bottom off in Key West was a Tencara which is a Michael Peters design. Both the Mystic and the Tencara are very similar in design characteristics. I believe that Cosker shared some of those characteristics in the Mystic design.

LostinBoston 02-05-2009 09:05 AM

The Mystic and Tencara IMO are less similar then skater and MTI. If you have seen both up close, which probably few people have, there are noticable differences. The Mystic is an original Mystic design by John Cosker (founder of Mystic), commisioned by Callan Marine. Mystic did all the Callan designs, (50, 55, 62) then Mystic bought the tooling for the 50 when Callan got out of the boat biz.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-06-2009 09:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Not to burst anyone's bubble here or to put another builder down but in my beliefs the man who is resetting the bar for all raceboat manufactures is Doug Wright. Every time he comes out with a new design it shows how much better it is then the rest. Maybe not always with a checkered flag but in performance. I think you will see a some very fast teams in his designs again this year. Each team returning with new found speed.