Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   Hold Harmless agreements for co-racers? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/208518-hold-harmless-agreements-co-racers.html)

Fast Shafts 05-09-2009 11:30 PM

Hold Harmless agreements for co-racers?

Just curious if any raceboat owners have co-racers sign a "hold harmless" agreement? I have a class 6 raceboat and am concerned about the possibility of getting sued if my driver (I throttle) were to get hurt.
Is there a standard form for this?
Your comments ideas appreciated!
Thanks,
Bob Geoghegan, 606 Lock'd Up racing

GoFastSonic 05-10-2009 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts (Post 2862655)
Just curious if any raceboat owners have co-racers sign a "hold harmless" agreement? I have a class 6 raceboat and am concerned about the possibility of getting sued if my driver (I throttle) were to get hurt.
Is there a standard form for this?
Your comments ideas appreciated!
Thanks,
Bob Geoghegan, 606 Lock'd Up racing

Good question Bob

BRUCE SEROFF 05-10-2009 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2862660)
In SBI he already sign's that with SBI in the entry form !!! NO NEED.
He basicly states that he is racing so he can not claim anything,,because he knows of the posibility's to get hurt .

Thats why its called racing. ?!:rolleyes:
Read your entry form for the year,,i think it should be in there ?! But i am not shure about the OPA contract !?

I think that waiver protects the race org. and its affiliates only. But, not the team.

Its a good idea to have them sign one. They say they would not sue now. but GOD forbid, they are seriously injured and cannot pay their bills, they will change their tune.

BRUCE SEROFF 05-10-2009 10:52 AM

i guess it all depends on the circumstances. still cant hurt to protect yourself.

LostinBoston 05-11-2009 01:17 AM

write up an agreement saying that
"each individual is resposible for their own health, medical, travel expenses.
The boat will be checked by said individual and deemed to be in acceptable condition to race by their standards.
No participant has any liability to the other.
These Expensses will be paid in this way...
Prize money will be divided in ..."
Signed and witnessed.
Cover all the bases, but dont race with someone that you dont trust your life with.

AugiePensa 05-12-2009 09:50 AM

Bobby, COVER your A$$! Get it signed, ya never know.

Fast Shafts 05-12-2009 11:13 AM

Thanks for everyone's input!
By the way, I'm not talking about Vinny. Vinny has helped me out for the last few years, but due to medical issues, he can't race.
As Bruce said "God forbid", even a minor injury can lead to serious problems.

jeff1000man 05-12-2009 11:19 AM

:food-smiley-007: Good info