Notices

Popra 2010 Schedule

Old 02-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking POPRA accepts invitation to join OPA in Orange Beach

Hello Racers and Race Fans,

We are pleased to announce that the teams from the Pacific Offshore Racing Association (POPRA) have accepted our invitation to make the races in Orange Beach Alabama a joint World Championship featuring race teams from both East and West Coasts.
Brad Johnson, President of POPRA states: “I’ve spoken to all of our teams and everyone is excited to accept the invitation that OPA has extended to join them in Orange Beach this coming October. The POPRA teams will come prepared and look forward to taking home a majority of the trophies. Hopefully this can turn into an annual East/West Shootout type event.”
Ed Smith, President of OPA states: “We wanted to bring a huge even to Orange Beach and the addition of the POPRA racers is just what’s needed to give this event the scope that it deserves. Making this a joint event with POPRA is just the first step, all teams should know that they are welcome to race in Orange Beach with no entry fees and no registration fees. Just come and race, see who’s really the best and leave the BS on the beach where it belongs.”
See ya at the races,
The OPA Family
Old 02-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely done OPA.....these developments are very positive and enlightening.

Julie
Old 02-05-2010, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Julie, I hope it's gonna be like the early 2000's, Remember? Everyone had fun and it was a pleasure to see everyone at every race. Smitty, Louie The Rigger and I decided (With A Little Help From Our Friends) that we were gonna make 2010 a year where all the teams eyeballs spun like SLOT MACHINES! And everyone knows how I love my OPA/Jersey Boyz Teams and Slot Machines. Being I can't race just yet Smitty, Louie and Scotty B want me to start cooking again so I'm in for that. I think Haggin may get me a new Jersey Boyz Grill. You all wanted Excitement, Unity, Press, Great Sites, TV, and plenty of competition, well we're giving it you and we hope you will all take advantage of all the hard work sooooooooo many people put into this. ENJOY! The Godfather
Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Holy smoke!!!!! That's even more awesome. I started attending races in 2006 and I have watched Offshore Boat racing grow big as time goes by. This is beyond unbelivable!!! Thanks for brighting up my day! Cant wait!

Chris
Old 02-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Augie....you are so right! The comradere was as thick in the air, as all the food we grilled! What fun that was, back then. That is when we entered the Offshore arena....and I remember so clearly meeting you and da boyz from up north.

I so very much hope that you can bring that all back. WE so very much want that to happen. We want to be a part of that again! Even manning the grill! That is the position of holding the purse string and drawing it TOGETHER my friend, that has you written all over it! I for one cannot wait to see you do, just that~!

Thank you Smitty, Augie, Louie and everyone else on deck!
Julie & Matt
Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Registered

I don't come on this site much anymore, but happened to be surfing around tonight. So Dana Point in March is toast?

I've talked to Troy and Pat W. We're making plans to run POPRA this year. Not 100% at this point (Pat's had his ear bent enough about that already), but that's the plan at this point.

Hey Brad, could you add me to your email list? Troy and Pat have my personal email address, but I figured I'd give you the new email for the boat racing so the rest of my guys can stay in the loop too. Email is [email protected].

Thanks,

Sean
Old 02-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I don't come on this site much anymore, but happened to be surfing around tonight. So Dana Point in March is toast?

I've talked to Troy and Pat W. We're making plans to run POPRA this year. Not 100% at this point (Pat's had his ear bent enough about that already), but that's the plan at this point.

Hey Brad, could you add me to your email list? Troy and Pat have my personal email address, but I figured I'd give you the new email for the boat racing so the rest of my guys can stay in the loop too. Email is [email protected].

Thanks,

Sean
I've already invited customers to the Dana Pt race.

Sean, let's make it a run anyway! Launch at Dana and run to Avalon and back. Or could do Newport or Oceanside and back.

Anyone else want to join us?
Old 02-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Registered

If the race is dead, I'm down with that Al. No reason not to go out dancin' if you already got your prom dress. And I'm sure I can scare up some other guys who are looking to go play in the ocean too.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered

An incident with a whale could give all of us a black eye.

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
If the race is dead, I'm down with that Al. No reason not to go out dancin' if you already got your prom dress. And I'm sure I can scare up some other guys who are looking to go play in the ocean too.
The race in Dana Point is not "dead". We have chosen to move the date out of respect. If a bunch of you go ahead with a run please keep in mind that there are Grey whales sharing the water with you.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Johnson
The race in Dana Point is not "dead". We have chosen to move the date out of respect. If a bunch of you go ahead with a run please keep in mind that there are Grey whales sharing the water with you.
Thanks for the heads up on the whales. I run out of Dana on a regular basis. This will be a pleasure run and we'll keep an eye out for the whales and other sea life as we always do. It would be cool to see some out there. When I run out there I quite often stop for the dolphins as we see them almost every time out but seldom see whales.

Maybe we'll call this our first annual "Grey Whale Run".

Will anxiously await for the announcement of the rescheduled race date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.