Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   JBS racing update (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/224135-jbs-racing-update.html)

JBS 02-08-2010 09:40 AM

JBS racing update

JBS racing has some exciting new events planned so far this year.

feb 13 Mystic Proof party South beach FL-display
feb 18 Miami Poker run (sponsorship available)
Mar 19 Ft. Meyers Poker run (sponsorship available)
Apr 17 Thunder over Louiville-exhibition
Apr 22-25 Desert storm Lake Havasu (sponsorship available)

JBS' racing schedule is still depending on sponsorship.JBS plans on racing a variety of races in 4 different organizations (OSS,SBI,POPRA and possibly OPA).Thanks to all fans and sponsors for making this year happen.

2 Trick Rick 02-08-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBS (Post 3041587)
JBS racing has some exciting new events planned so far this year.

feb 13 Mystic Proof party South beach FL-display
feb 18 Miami Poker run (sponsorship available)
Mar 19 Ft. Meyers Poker run (sponsorship available)
Apr 17 Thunder over Louiville-exhibition
Apr 22-25 Desert storm Lake Havasu (sponsorship available)

JBS' racing schedule is still depending on sponsorship.JBS plans on racing a variety of races in 4 different organizations (OSS,SBI,POPRA and possibly OPA).Thanks to all fans and sponsors for making this year happen.

Ok, I'll address the Elephant in the room....

1 # I thought you guys pulled the plug and were no longer racing.

2 # I thought you were banned from the OPA.

My 2c is the more the better!

Superheat 02-08-2010 06:11 PM

LMAO (That's some funny chit)

Double Down 02-08-2010 06:53 PM

Awesome Jeff !!!

Looking forward to attending most, if not all of your events and races this year...good luck with the new boat, can't wait to see it in Miami this weekend!!

JBS 02-08-2010 07:09 PM

2 trick rick

#1 the events scheduled so far are sponsored and not racing events(besides Havasu but I havent heard if we can race there or not (ins and permits needed)).

#2 OPA-(notice the "possibly")

Still working on getting races sponsored for this year.No sponsor-no race.

Double Down 02-08-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBS (Post 3042093)
#1 the events scheduled so far are sponsored and not racing events(besides Havasu but I havent heard if we can race there or not (ins and permits needed)).

#2 OPA-(notice the "possibly")

Still working on getting races sponsored for this year.No sponsor-no race.

well said Jeff!

AB From Windsor 02-09-2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick (Post 3041934)
Ok, I'll address the Elephant in the room....

1 # I thought you guys pulled the plug and were no longer racing.

2 # I thought you were banned from the OPA.

My 2c is the more the better!

Offshore Powerboat Racing doesn't need less boats, it needs more boats. JBS Racing is a show in it's self for the fans at any race, who really have no idea about the politics of Offshore Powerboat Racing. Fans just want to see great racing with lots of boats and boats like JBS , Aqua-Mania and Miss Geico who are definitely the fan favorite's anywhere they race. If you remember last year, fans were upset not to see Miss Geico , Reliable Carriers at the 100th Running of the Gold Cup and the St. Clair River Classic. I don't want to get into everything that was said last year in 2009 but lets look ahead at 2010 and beyond with all the good things that are happening with TV coverage and the great racing by all the org.s and JBS Racing should definitely be part of it. Right or wrong we all make mistakes and shouldn't dwell on it but we should learn from it and move forward.

Wahoo ATV 02-09-2010 08:33 AM

Does anyone even care about this? Is the boat even rigged?

JBS 02-09-2010 08:55 AM

thanks

Thanks AB.I just want people to know that I will never quit or give up racing.Im a racer through and through-wether Im in my boat or just walking down the street.I dont like anyone in front of me.I have a hard time driving on the highway because theres always someone in front of me.
Anyway-its a tough time for offshore with organizations popping up and some dying off,economy,tv coverage,etc.JBS racing has been working dilligently to find sponsors for as many events as possible.
JBS racing does have exciting events planned this year.Keep your eyes open for the new web site,new boat,and new look!
As far as OPA goes-When they invite me is when I will begin an effort to try to make it there.

dan lawrence 02-09-2010 08:56 AM

Should'nt this post be in the poker run section?

What a cool boat.