* * * * Ocean Racing Tour on VERSUS * * * *

Notices

* * * * Ocean Racing Tour on VERSUS * * * *

Old 11-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought that maybe it was just me....

I watched the first episode and noticed they dedicated 4 whole minutes at the beginning of show to all of the P classes...That was it. No other comments, no racing footage, just the results. I thought, well it is the first show and they need to get people watching. I'll see what happens next week. This week even less coverage, actually...no mention at all. As for SVL, the kept mentioning that this is one of the most exciting racing classes in Boat Racing, but again, no coverage???

For someone who doesn't know racing, it appears that this is one big race with a bunch of different boats. No education or background about the structure of the classes, so the viewer makes their own assumptions on who’s racing who.

I can see the SVL and P classes sending out this letter to their sponsors:

Dear Sponsor,

Thanks for contributing to our race team in 2010. As for the television time I promised you, sorry we didn't get any, but we will try again next year. I look forward to getting your next check so we can continue to race.

Disgruntled Racer

Don't get me wrong, any coverage is good, but like in the news, it should be reported accurately.

The production and quality is good. Content, not so good. This not intended to be a bash, but just my opinion. I’ll continue to watch and hope someday there will be an accurate depiction of boat racing and the racers.

Dave Powell
Old 11-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell

For someone who doesn't know racing, it appears that this is one big race with a bunch of different boats. No education or background about the structure of the classes, so the viewer makes their own assumptions on who’s racing who.
actually that was done on purpose, at least with the supercats and geico. notice how the "200 mph", 50 foot mystic just barely stays in front of the supercats (140mph boats) with 1/3 of the hp. its mostly scripted till the last few laps when Geico goes for the pass in the last corner,

woooowwww they win.

and then they briefly show the results where geico is in their own class and really didn't race anyone hea at least it's on TV, right.....................................P1 race with micusukee and cleveland was really good to watch.

plus where is all the onboard camera footage that the qatar guys shot? Pete B footage of KW with the O/B cats quite good.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, at least in NASCAR, they just let the slow pokes get lapped, and lapped again. There was some pretty good footage, once you get past the interviews and stuff . I was wondering when the lunch stop was going to happen.

One that would be great to watch would be the around Long Island run. Especially with the story as told from this year's run. I think that one lone boat with Charlie aboard would have made a show all its own.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

The race is from St Clair today at 4pm.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:35 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ron P
The race is from St Clair today at 4pm.
I hope that show is very good!

Chris
Old 11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Can't get it in Canada but would like to buy a DVD if they sell them later. How was the St. Clair Race today on Versus?
Old 11-28-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
How was the St. Clair Race today on Versus?
I thought it was the best of the three so far!! The wealth was spread to the lower classes at the start of the show, featuring classes 3 down to 6, with good info!!! The showed an inside pass by Specialized with Whoz Your Daddy just outside...and I mean, just!!! Really cool!! Then they went on with the big boats and showed some great race footage there too!! I liked the start where WHM got in the wash and showered bad!! All great stuff!! Next week will be interesting!!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Runnin-n-Gunnin
I thought it was the best of the three so far!! The wealth was spread to the lower classes at the start of the show, featuring classes 3 down to 6, with good info!!! The showed an inside pass by Specialized with Whoz Your Daddy just outside...and I mean, just!!! Really cool!! Then they went on with the big boats and showed some great race footage there too!! I liked the start where WHM got in the wash and showered bad!! All great stuff!! Next week will be interesting!!
+1

Would like to see more turns from class 5 with 7-10 boats into the first corner.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
+1

Would like to see more turns from class 5 with 7-10 boats into the first corner.
3 shows about the big guys so far and maybe 5 minutes of the 4,5 and 6. Maybe they will get some airtime at the end.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Runnin-n-Gunnin
Thanks for the info, sounds like some great coverage of the classes and the race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.