Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some more old school..local Long Islanders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7vurWhdgFE
Old 08-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by quicklt1
Very nice, every time I thought she was going to stuff, she handled those waves perfectly
Old 09-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Registered

love that clip....those are my boys......i worked for them for a LOOOONGGG time up until 3 years ago.....i have actually had a chance to drive that exact boat a few times with Kenny Kalibat at the throttles.....all i can say is that its a blast to run.....

i also owned a pleasure 28ft ghost with a pair of 200s for about 7 years and had tons of fun with it....it just never felt as good as the race boat does....
Old 10-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Registered

Default 28' pleasure ghost

I picked up a 28 Ghost this year on a trade and spent the summer working out the mechanical gremlins. I live in Ca and the boat gets a lot of attention because no one knows what it is. I am currently running twin 2.5 200's but plan to upgrade at a later time. I'm going to spend this winter fixing her up cosmetically. Does anyone have any pictures they could post of any other Ghosts? Any history on the boat would be greatly appreciated (how many made etc, setups, etc?) Thanks in advance...
Old 10-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Built here on L.i. new York..Custom boats , Ran like animals ( as you can see from video)couple of Brothers built them all outboards i always thought the small ones looked like a glastron but ran real good and the 28' was a local legend won alot of races they had photos in their office of 28 about 28 feet in air..hope someone on here has some more info..congrats... that a long trip li to ca...always wanted one just never found one...
Old 10-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply. She is a blast to drive and handles the rough stuff with ease. With the 200's on her she will run 70 all day (full tank of gas and five passengers). I saw the video on you tube and new I had to have her. I have always been a fan of the east coast boats. Apparently I was born on the wrong side of the country.