JBS Turbine DEMOLISHED BY PISTON POWER

Notices

JBS Turbine DEMOLISHED BY PISTON POWER

Old 12-04-2010, 08:04 AM
JBS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Staged racing

If and when I race-I am there to race and race hard.I'm not interested in staged racing.maybe with Haggin gone that may change.I never want to be known for sandbagging
Old 12-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
Thanks-it's good to hear something positive for a change.theres very few people that could understand the amount of time,money,and effort it took to do what I've done in the last few years.I really thought I was dealing with some of the top people in the high performance boating industry and was in good company.i really believed and trusted everyone involved only to find out that they would do or say anything to make sure that they keep their pockets lined with cash.it's too bad that nobody has any drive or passion for offshore racing unless their is money to be made.It's very disappointing and frustrating for me-I was just trying to follow my vision.I really can't say with any kind of certainty what's going to happen to JBS racing.I hate that it fully depends on sponsorship because every sponsor I had (except super trucks and PPS) lied to me and/or hasn't paid me.I'm sure it's my own fault for not having contracts-I really believed a handshake between two men meant something-I was wrong.I did try to get to as many events as possible this year and actually did quite well considering all the things that happened.my plan for next year is just having fun with the people that I trust.Joey has been fired and is no longer welcome in the JBS family.as far as what I've said on OSO-I'm sorry for anyone I've upset-I get pissed reading posts from people that have no idea what they are talking about.
I know it is none of my business or anyone else's but I was taken back, when I read that Joey was fired and no longer welcome in the JBS family. Joey fiercely defended JBS Racing on OSO along with a few others and is a great Throttleman, and this news was a shock for me to read. Jeff, your apology to members on OSO members about some of the things that you have said, takes a big man to own up too. In some cases you may have been justified but just went over the top. Being in your shoes and having to deal with all the frustration and problems that you had to deal with, I don't know if I would of acted any different. There are always those who will just look to cause a confrontation or screw somebody and that is to bad. I hope that I get to see JBS Racing in 2011 as you are one of the top notch Teams in Offshore Powerboat racing. I also hope that you and Joey can mend your differences as you are two great competitors and a Team. Good Luck in your endeavours in 2011 and I want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Jeff, in today's world a handshake between two men isn't enough. You have to get the other guy to sign his name to a contract outlining the exact responsiblities of both parties.

Then you have something that clearly says - if you do this, you get that. A lawyer isn't needed. Just some thoughts put on paper with two signature lines.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
If and when I race-I am there to race and race hard.I'm not interested in staged racing.maybe with Haggin gone that may change.I never want to be known for sandbagging
I WASNT TALKN ABOUT SANDBAGGN JEFF! I WAS TALKN ABOUT GOING OUT AND GIVEN HIM A HELL OF A RACE!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Jeff, I'm so sorry to hear of your challenges with Offshore Racing. I FULLY understand your feelings. I have been in my capacity with Pacific Offshore for 14 years and have been treated like a red-headed step child by some of the previous administrations because I am not a racer myself (however much I'd like to be!) but I return for the love of the sport! There are only a few within the sport who are there, not for personal gain, but for what they can do to move the sport forward!! Anyone who is in the drivers seat, so to speak, of offshore racing, needs to be able to put their personal gain aside and drive the sport, for the sport's sake!! It does not take a rocket scientist or a business guru to see that if the SPORT succeeds, they will succeed with it!! Even with the issues that reside within the sport, I'll keep coming back. Hopefully my efforts can help the sport move forward, however small my effect on it may be. I can only say...as an official for Pacific Offshore, and I can only speak for myself, that I TRULY appreciate that you brought your group to Havasu this past year! You were a highlight of the event. You embraced the situation as it was and did your part to participate in the show...making the organization look good. And I just want to extend my heartfelt thanks to you for what you have done for the sport of offshore racing. I certainly hope we see you back this coming year and I can assure you that you are welcome at POPRA's events!!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JBS
Whoa hold on there cowboy. GEICO raced three years by themselves, but wanted to race somebody and usually wound up racing the big gas boats. I don't know what "staged racing" means, but I know they never sandbagged any race. They didn't have to.

So you fired Joey? He came here and defended you when nobody else would. Great way to pay him back for his loyalty. Good luck finding someone to throttle for you now...
Old 12-06-2010, 10:25 PM
JBS
Registered

Default A few facts

First of all I would like to say thanks to the people that listen and understand what's going on.I have a few facts for you-
1-sunny isles and St.Clair (both races we delaminated and couldn't race) I was asked (by Haggin) to put on a show and let them pass us.I refused.of course the usual disclaimer was that they would deny it.anyway-I refused because I didn't do all this to play some games.I enjoy racing and the competition but was in no way interested in wasting my time and image looking like I'm having trouble fending off 750 cats.like I said-I'm at a race to race.

2-Joey is no longer around because of the amount of problems he has caused me-these problems consist of confusion,lies,and theft.there hasn't been a single event where the entire team wasn't frustrated with him.it was a unanimous team decision to terminate his involvement with JBS racing.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

please go easy on the 750 guys.....
Old 12-07-2010, 08:00 AM
JBS
Registered

Default 750s

I'm definitely not ripping on 750s.from the looks of the last few races-any 750 boat could register as turbine extreme and do quite well.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:58 AM
JBS
Registered

Default Second chance

Also,this was joeys second chance with JBS racing this past year.there were plenty of other people in the throttle seat-John Arruda,Mike Stancombe,Lisa Mathews,Joel Jacobson,Jaimee Stevenson,Brian Reeves,and Brandon Weppner.joeys scam backfired on him and also caused JBS racing to lose one of the biggest, most promising national sponsorships I've come across.Damage control has been tough in the wake of all this.just another persons greed taking it's toll on me and my team.

It seems every year JBS racing has to be reborn and start from scratch.all I want to do is have fun-I don't need to get paid-just some sponsorship help to get us to events.I'm sure the new changes and attitude will be noticeable.with that said-I'm tired of having to explain myself and what I've done or said.it's a new era for JBS and look foreward to the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.