Notices

Salton Sea Kilo

Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salton Sea Kilo

Anyone going to the Kilo in Salton Sea, Ca, the 3rd week of January?? Anyone who is old enough, knows that most of the boat speed records were set there before the lake died!! Well, they're bringing it back!! NO WHERE in the United States will a boat go faster!! The water is 28 times more dense than the ocean AND the lake is below sea level...HIGH oxygen concentration builds more power and the boats don't penetrate the water as much. The event is co sponsored by Pacific Offshore and RPM Enterprises. It WILL be APBA/UIM sanctioned and the course is a surveyed course by APBA. Anyone who thinks they have the equipment to set a world record, NEEDS to be there!!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Registered

Ive got the equipment now scott! we will be there!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:08 AM
JBS
Registered

Default Breakin the record

Salton sea kilos was one of my top priorities until the new mystake (I mean Mystic) started to fall apart.I wish the entire bottom or entire boat was Skater so that I had some confidence in it.I really wanted to try to break the record.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered
Gold Member

In talking to Brad Johnson, the other day, the date may be moved back to late March, to allow some of the east coast teams to come out, smash some records and then stay for Havasu. No final answer yet, but hopefully we'll hear soon! Jeff, I hope you can pull it together! that is a huge undertaking to put that boat back together...again!! Thanks again for your support of our group!
BTW, You do know that, according to the UIM website, as of TODAY, the fastest official offshore powerboat speed record is held by Forest Barber at 161.513 and the fastest propeller driven boat record is held by Dave Villwock at 220.55. These are the OFFICIAL records! I don't care what anyone says about how fast their boat can go, what their GPS said or what someone's radar gun says. These are the records held by the ONLY official keeper of the records in the WORLD! I'm quite sure that these records will EXPLODE at the Salton Sea event!!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:52 PM
VIP Member

Bob Teague kinda asked/told me I should go. Guess I owe him a road trip. What classes are the records for?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Smitty Headn To The West Coast To Set A Kilo?????????????
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM
VIP Member

Yea. Got a new toy
Old 12-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
Salton sea kilos was one of my top priorities until the new mystake (I mean Mystic) started to fall apart..
Another very unprofessional jab at a former sponsor. Your troubles are well documented in many threads why bring it up in another thread just to air it out once again? Making this thread another platform for the same complaints are getting old.

You had some issues with your boat, and you are not happy, we all get that. We even have had some sympathy for what has happend to your boat, but enough is enough! Jeff give it a rest and prove yourself on the water. If you cant make it just say "Hope i can make there some day" and then show up and run it like you stole it. That will get you the respect you are craving. Good luck in getting your program together
Old 12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottarden
In talking to Brad Johnson, the other day, the date may be moved back to late March, to allow some of the east coast teams to come out, smash some records and then stay for Havasu. No final answer yet, but hopefully we'll hear soon! Jeff, I hope you can pull it together! that is a huge undertaking to put that boat back together...again!! Thanks again for your support of our group!
BTW, You do know that, according to the UIM website, as of TODAY, the fastest official offshore powerboat speed record is held by Forest Barber at 161.513 and the fastest propeller driven boat record is held by Dave Villwock at 220.55. These are the OFFICIAL records! I don't care what anyone says about how fast their boat can go, what their GPS said or what someone's radar gun says. These are the records held by the ONLY official keeper of the records in the WORLD! I'm quite sure that these records will EXPLODE at the Salton Sea event!!
Great post:

I also heard the date is going to be March but really it should be first weekend or second weekend of April. Then all the boats can go to Desert Storm and flush out all the brine.

The second paragraph is so true I agree whole heartedly. A two way pass... kilo run is the real deal everything else is just bragging rights and cocktail banter.

We had some Howards ready to run but the owners will not put their boats in that brine myself included... much less the trailers.

KAP
Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

The classes are pretty easy.

Twin canopy vee normally aspirated 35 to 45 feet.
V2CS3 or something very close to that.

There is a formula that I will track down but it is pretty simple.

The brine is not a problem. Last time we had Biokleen there flushing and washing down the boats and trailers. After that we went and ran it at a fresh water lake to make sure everything was out. No big deal. There is a crane also.

Two years ago we had perfect weather. Had a great time. Got a record in two classes. Twin NA V 40ft and single V diesel 23ft.

Bring some of those cracker boxes. One ran 104 last time.

pat W

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.