Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
anybody know the whereabouts of the old xxx muscle fountain >

anybody know the whereabouts of the old xxx muscle fountain

Notices

anybody know the whereabouts of the old xxx muscle fountain

Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now Were Diggin Up Old Stuff! Dragon Lady Was 38 No?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Ryan,

I had all three inxs's in my shop... 47 apache, 47 fountain and 45 fountain which i bought from Ted, sold to ooley and blackburn who sold to the lady in Tx. My 45 was originally built for ohio steel... yellow/ blk gel.. painted white. Ohio steel never took possession.
are you running this boat?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by SCRAPMAN1
Now Were Diggin Up Old Stuff! Dragon Lady Was 38 No?
Yes it is. It is now On the Chip and needs repair.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Billy Dragon lady was a 38. Joe does own it Ive got it. Did you get wind of the price I gave for the boat rigged with detuned Mercury super cat motors to run on 93 oct. Dry sump 6s shiftable transmissions, 4 person intercom, 4 person scuba, 4 seats. Only thing missing was props, wrap for graphix, gas and helmets. Was the price to high? I even sent a text dropping the price to put 525s in it. Give me a call tomorrow if you get a minute. Thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Driveguy
Yes Billy Dragon lady was a 38. Joe does own it Ive got it. Did you get wind of the price I gave for the boat rigged with detuned Mercury super cat motors to run on 93 oct. Dry sump 6s shiftable transmissions, 4 person intercom, 4 person scuba, 4 seats. Only thing missing was props, wrap for graphix, gas and helmets. Was the price to high? I even sent a text dropping the price to put 525s in it. Give me a call tomorrow if you get a minute. Thanks
thx jerry will do
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Yes it is. It is now On the Chip and needs repair.
Dragon Lady boat 38 is now On The Chip Boat??? I was trying to figure out the difference this and that....Dont seem very familiar to me....Hmm....What repairs that need to be done?

Chris
Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

Yes, dragon lady/ was on the chip. now nameless waiting for an owner. repairs need are mostly cosmetic the cockpit is a mess cosmetically engine compartment the same. Both areas are ready for paint and then we'll rerigg as far as possible without a new owner.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

A few more shots from C12's collection..... obviously The 45's were two different boats no matter whom was "SUPPOSED" to get them.
Attached Thumbnails anybody know the whereabouts of the old xxx muscle fountain-3x-super-vs.jpg   anybody know the whereabouts of the old xxx muscle fountain-carlos_n_charlies.bmp   anybody know the whereabouts of the old xxx muscle fountain-ohio_steel_99.bmp  

anybody know the whereabouts of the old xxx muscle fountain-ohio_steel_war_fab.bmp  
Old 01-20-2011, 09:25 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Driveguy
Yes, dragon lady/ was on the chip. now nameless waiting for an owner. repairs need are mostly cosmetic the cockpit is a mess cosmetically engine compartment the same. Both areas are ready for paint and then we'll rerigg as far as possible without a new owner.

Who is the currently owner of On The Chip boat now?

Chris
Old 01-17-2024, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
A few more shots from C12's collection..... obviously The 45's were two different boats no matter whom was "SUPPOSED" to get them.
The Ohio Steel boat was a mess from the start. It was built with carbon fiber and epoxy but they never heated the boat up to cure the epoxy. It also had issues with prop slip due the triple engine set up. It only raced a few times then it disappeared. I know this because I worked there from 94-96 and my father was in charge of that project after Jim Caldwell screwed it up. It did run 137.24 mph but it just wasn’t right.