Notices

Street Racing Cars

Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Myself and my buddy Frank do all the tuning. I'm still running the 160# injectors on the blue Viper, the red one has smaller injectors and is much smoother at low loads and off idle. AEM has released some newer firmware that should give me more tools to help dial everything in, but I'm not going to spend all that much more time on it. If and when I do get the time to mess with it, and i have to continue fighing to get everything smooth, I'm going to order 10 new 120# injectors and give that a try. Although, Frank just bough a Dyno Dynamics (eddy current) dyno, so I suspect that will make tuning much easier as that will hold any load you dial in... so I'll see what can be done with the 160's before I sell them. The 92# were smooth as can be, but the car was limited to about 1,100 rwhp (spraying meth too). 120's should be plenty as more than 1300 has proven to be totally uncontrollable. I just hate having to start the tuning process over again!

Frank will likely be bring the dyno to my house this spring, I can let you know when if you want to use it (assuming his time allows).

I need a good Dyno day soon, Thats the only reason I havent had Job tune my car cause he locks your azz out and If I make a change I have to bring it back to LI imediately to re tune. Its a pain in the Azz. Hes the best though and I have seen him tune guys cars that seemed un tunable in 10 minutes. I have seen him pull crazy power out of set ups that seemed to be maxed out too.

Very impressive guy. doesnt like to tune much anymore though My buddy chris who helps me tune my rig worked there for 8 years at turbo people. He had the capri that ran big numbers on the 347. He comes out on the boat sometimes with me. He just built a LS based GN last season with coil on plug thats been a bear to tune.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff, I'll let you know when Frank brings the dyno over this spring (?). He really knows his chit too... works on everything from dragsters to imports (although he wears dark sunglasses and a fake mustache while tuning imports).
Old 02-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Registered

Friday night kicks around my way look like this http://www.fueltopia.co.uk/profiles/...night-is-young
Old 04-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
I love it, I go all the time.

www.njstreetracingsucks.com

Mike
what are you doing postin up the board?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member