What happened to "United We Race"

Notices

What happened to "United We Race"

Old 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Karaokemike
The problem is very simple: As long as there are mulptiply organizations who have different ideals about the racing world then it will next to immposible to get everyone to race as one. I understand why people race where they do and that is fine but those loyalties hurt United We Race.

How you doing, Mikey? Hope all's well!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mikey, we have YOU, we have our FANS, we have THE JERSEY BOYZ and ALL OUR RACING TEAMS...WE ARE OPA! Doesn't get much better than that!

Last edited by AugiePensa; 03-18-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dont forget augie you have the michigan mafia to and it dosent get much better than that.
Also united we race is alive and well.

Last edited by gary cook; 03-18-2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: none
Old 03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by CigDaze

How you doing, Mikey? Hope all's well!
Nick I am doing well thank you. Looks like you guys have been enjoying yourselves doing some souther Florida Poker Runs!!! Hope all is well and give Erin my best!!!

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
Mikey, we have YOU, we have our FANS, we have THE JERSEY BOYZ and ALL OUR RACING TEAMS...WE ARE OPA! Doesn't get much better than that!
All hail the God Father!!! Thanks Augie glad to be a part of it!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Would NEVER leave you guy's out Gary. Our Racers and Volunteers are The Heart and Soul of OPA/THE JERSEY BOYZ. Everything is GOOD!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
Would NEVER leave you guy's out Gary. Our Racers and Volunteers are The Heart and Soul of OPA/THE JERSEY BOYZ. Everything is GOOD!
+1
Old 03-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Karaokemike
Nick I am doing well thank you. Looks like you guys have been enjoying yourselves doing some souther Florida Poker Runs!!! Hope all is well and give Erin my best!!!
All's well, for sure. I'll pass it along. Just livin' the dream, man. The weather's been nothing short of perfect this winter. Hope to see you soon. Take care.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is very simple: As long as there are mulptiply organizations who have different ideals about the racing world then it will next to immposible to get everyone to race as one. I understand why people race where they do and that is fine but those loyalties hurt United We Race. Quote from Karaoke Mike

I couldn't agree more. John & his gang came to race at all the clubs venues, encluding ours & we couldn't have been more proud to have the AMF crew.
As far as unification of the current clubs around the US, we are trying. I will be able to explain more at a later date, but for now we are trying. Keep a sharp eye boys it may come sooner than you think.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered

Lets not just blame the Org. some of the racers have done as much damage if not more to the sport. With today economy you will see it harder to get good race site, and it will affect a lot of the teams this yr. The hardest hit will be the heart and soul for Offshore the P class. Like it or not it is a reality united we race is a great concept but in reality it doesnt work. Teams will race where it is best for them finacally and economically and thats a fact. Opa has a good Model FREE doesnt get better then that. The southern team will run local Fla races and stay close to home with SBI. Pretty simple guys this isnt rocket science it a bunch of guys boat racing as a hobby. The drama is for the guy that really dont want to race it gives them somethign to do.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No blame on anyone here, except maybe the economy. No one knows better than I the hardship of producing a race & the time envolved respectively. Currently we are in the thick of just that task. However, I would like to think that the East Coast teams would support all clubs, specially without a race of their own until summer. I found that is not the case. We had offered tow money & reduced fees (one time racing fee of approx $300 if paid in advance). The response was a big foot on my a---s as the door slamed shut. But we won't let that detour our efforts, as I stated earlier I will provide more info in the coming days.
We never had so much fun & warmth from the EC teams when we did the full tour in 09'. Now that our boat is up & running strong again you can bet we are working hard to attend 1 or 2 races out there! Why? Because we want to support the clubs that support the sport. Besides we miss seeing everyone.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.