What happened to "United We Race"

Notices

What happened to "United We Race"

Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default United we race

I have to agree with rich one or two big classes like 750 cat and or super cat lite and super v as you top draw classes and then your sportmans class opa 1threw 6 dont try to make a top class for one or two boats .

Racers wife i dont think most people are trying to slap you in the face i can tell you we would love to come there to race .
But the time away from my shop lost wages and traval cost and still putting the boat back together from last season we just cant do it.
We live in michigan the weather and the money still sucks here.
The old days of racing are gone time to make something new work the opa system is pretty good and im not real fan of bracket racing in a boat but its better than sitting on the couch wishing for the old days of the apba those werent perfect either.
The people that have all the negative things to say should keep there opions to thereself or get off the couch and help to make racing better .
Sorry for getting so far off topic on many things.

Gary p-f-e racing
Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
If you were paying the bills i'm with you, if not the show must go on.
Xtremeracing,

Not trying to be little you with this posting but I was wondering if you could answer this question with a 100% honest answer for some of us. It is obvious that you are a 100% SBI supporter and everyone has there own beliefs and opinions and I applaud you for your loyalty as I am sure JC does as well.

So here is the question: Not knowing what class you actually race in at this current state of time, but would you honestly prefer to race 15+ boats at one time or 2-5 boats at one time???

DPT
Old 03-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member

Cool

On one note for class structure I do believe that having a Stock Class / Xcat class would be good to have as well. It is one of the biggest classes in all of Europe and probably could be a big class here once again if there was Unity here as well. I know being around the sport for some time that many racers bailed do to the lack of competition and BS that came forth over the years.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=DPT MOTORSPORTS;3354625]Xtremeracing,

Not trying to be little you with this posting but I was wondering if you could answer this question with a 100% honest answer for some of us. It is obvious that you are a 100% SBI supporter and everyone has there own beliefs and opinions and I applaud you for your loyalty as I am sure JC does as well.

So here is the question: Not knowing what class you actually race in at this current state of time, but would you honestly prefer to race 15+ boats at one time or 2-5 boats at one time???

I'm not talking about any one org. it not all about SBI, Smitty and John are fighting everyday to keep sites and they know what they have to deal with. They r even trying to work together to keep it alive. All i'm saying is dealing with and helping put races together I know what promoters are looking for. You and I as racers really dont care and the wow factor for us isnt about watching 2-3 big boats racing. But the average fan, goes to races and walks the pitt looking for those boats. I have been in the pitts at numerous races and fans will be walking the pitts and ask me where Aqua Mania is, not nice boat good luck tomorrow what class do u race. One question and one question only where is CMS, where is WHM so on , and i dont think u can deny that. Thats all I was trying to say no more no less. Of course we need the P class boats without them there would be no racing. But my person opinion is you need both to make it work.

To anwser your question yes I would like nothing better then 15 boat classes. When I raced F1 with LLC it was some of the greatest racing I have every been involved in, and would like nothing better then to see that again. But the racers Fd that up no different then the way SVL guys r struggling.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member

Cool

Thanks for your answer! As many I would like to see Unity if it can be had. I really think all parties involved will have a smile on there face if it were ever to happen. Thanks for your answer Frank.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heros Wanted!

Again I hear every one talk about unity of the sport/clubs. Answer this: In your option, who (club) could handle such a unification of the sport? And how would we get everyone to comply? Dont jump the gun & give me any class or rule mods just yet.
It's easy to point out the problems, but how about some solutions! I don't know of many people in history known for pointing out the problem. It's the ones who find solutions that are the heros.
Is there any one here going out for that title? Not from what I can see. Buck up boys & be a hero.........
PSSSS - that's a double dare!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Racer
Racer

Money is the key for the most part .
Teams need money to build and buy equipment pay for travel.
Race sites need money to put on the races.
If someone will start sending large amounts of cash to all of us ther would be a lot less problems but thats a nice dream.
And i know what its like to get a race going im doing the opa harrison twp michigan race funding money is the biggest hurdle to get threw.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary-It's so nice to hear some positive input. We're not asking for miracles, just a little hope. I know that if we could all get on the same page, the money would follow. BTW-we are currently work on doing just that.
Reguardless where you race (East, West, South) we can still all race together. Besides I'm looking at it like this: with every thing so far down, we have only one way to go, UP! If we don't were no further behind, right?
Old 03-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racer's wife
Again I hear every one talk about unity of the sport/clubs. Answer this: In your option, who (club) could handle such a unification of the sport? And how would we get everyone to comply? Dont jump the gun & give me any class or rule mods just yet.
It's easy to point out the problems, but how about some solutions! I don't know of many people in history known for pointing out the problem. It's the ones who find solutions that are the heros.
Is there any one here going out for that title? Not from what I can see. Buck up boys & be a hero.........
PSSSS - that's a double dare!!!
I guess you should be asking the heads of the Org. that question. I think what you forget sometime is that these Org. or business like any other business. Why would they want to unite, they run their business the way they think is best of offshore and for themselves. each Org. has a completely different concept none are right or wrong just different. That is the way they make a living so how can u tell them to stop doing what they are doing and unite with someone else. Not really sure that is fair to anyone of them, maybe the racers. Do you think any other business owner would do that with another, except if one was buying the other out. I dont think it is as easy as you think it is, and how deep it goes.

A good example of that is Martin S trying to promote P1 in the US, at first he was going to allien himself with the Org. that were already in place. Here we are a yr later and we have another Org. dividing the sport into yet another piece. Do you think is is doing this for fun heel no its how he makes his living and gets paid every week. No different then you have APBA trying to get there piece of the pie and again do u think they r doing it for the fun of it or for the money they supply nothing.They dont have sites, dont have reg. teams, dont supply staff, they just want to get money from ever team thats races not sure what they get that money for or even if it is legal. That would be like you going to every gas station in your town and telling the owners they have to give you 2 cents for every gal. of gas they sell, and please if i am missing something here please someone tell me what it is. One thing they do is MAKE you buy insurance from them and they make money on that other then that not really sure what they do.
You have OSS for some reason trying to hold on and actively looking for more raace sites and dividing the racers that we do have yet again. If it was just about racing those racers would just race with one of the other Org. that are already there, there are plenty of races in place with some great locations, so you tell me why are they doing it ???? If you can anwser that question you are well on your way to finding out how to fix it.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
One thing they do is MAKE you buy insurance from them and they make money on that
Just one clarification, APBA does not make money from the sale of insurance.

The President of APBA's wife is the agent for the insurance company that APBA requires you to purchase the insurance from and ironically, she is the only agent you can purchase this particular insurance policy. As I said, APBA does NOT make money from it, but someone get the commission checks.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.