svl for under $40,000 >

svl for under $40,000

Notices

svl for under $40,000

Old 11-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Randy,

You ask me a intelligent question, I give you an answer to the best of my ability and all I get is Simmons has logged more phone hours.... Could you at least answer if I'm in the ballpark with the numbers that Mercury provided to me?

Lets look at the real elephant in the room

I love Mercury motors, every boat that I have campaigned had Mercury power in it. You also have one of the prettiest rule books I have ever seen. However, the simplest rule on Page 33 which also is the last rule(GPS) you cant even follow. The team I was with ran one and we were also told that on the back stretch of St Clair with the 7 mph current that we were pulling away from the eventual winner. You state that the boats in your class run 90-93. With our documented top speed of 88 mph(provide an email and I will be more than happy to provide you with a copy of the documentation) how the hell were we pulling on a boat that was running 90-93? We were also waiting in line for the prop shaft dyno, but honestly got tired of waiting. Thankfully we had a circuit breaker go bad on the race course so we could wait for the patrol boat to come over and get a fuel sample as your rule book states that fuel samples can be taken "before, during, or after the race" We did everything in our power to observe the rules that you so eloquently wrote.

Here's another thing that might throw you off. I like OPA's svl rules better than I do SBI's. The only difference is that I respect the SBI svl rule book as every rule in it can be enforced and is enforced. Lets look at the OPA SV class. The premise is that do whatever you want to the 525 as their is only so much you can do within the parameters that were established. Your very own driver shows up at every race happier than a pig in mud and still competes in that class. Thats all SBI did with their rules. You guys said that you had a sure fire way to monitor RPM's and they begged you to show them so they could implement that into the rule book and you have yet to provide any information of the sort, while they went to extensive measures to try themselves to figure out a definitive way to monitor it, including a gadget that was on the boat that I worked with and the OPA inspector was made aware of the premise of it. Upon post race inspection it was proven to both OPA and SBI that our attempts to monitor RPM's didnt work. The only system that can do this is the datalogger deal that Steve M has.

You also mention dyno's, I think I am the only moron to ever run in the bracket classes with sealed motors. It was done the same way that you observed when you sent 2 motors(500EFI from Typhoon white, and 525 from the Typhoon black) down to Sarasota and had no issues whatsoever doing so. In fact I can remember it was the same group that was the bestess in your eyes till you jumped ship to the other group that I guess the dream is finally over cause you dont even mention them in your posts anymore. You put your full allegiance to P1 and I warned you that your class was being used until more P1's were completed then you would be kicked to the curb. And par for the course as been proven over the years, I was right, but I am sure you'll come up with something that you decided to leave

Do I even need to bring up Solomons???

You want to be the first one to sit here on this thread and try and defend OPA's honor, but yet your the first one to start a thread in another section, basically, "Where's my money?" I mean hell you could have called him and yes he does not have the best of history of answering or returning calls, but then you could have tried an email, but no lets go on a public forum and tarnish the very same group that your trying to defend. Talk about being hypocritical.

I have been very critical of OPA over the years and after a discussion with Smitty in 2010, I have called a spade a spade, however we chat constantly of how I can help make it better. Last year I ran unopposed in SIB with a $5000 purse and Smitty kept his word that it would be given to me. I diverted and told him to only pay me 1st place monies and put the rest back into the organization. W/O an organization, I have no place to race. Instead of having your hand out all the time, what have you done to better the group your racing with? I also race and/or participate with SBI and have a great time.

Racing is what it is... We race for that elusive $8.00 trophy. You said it best in last years tv that an average lifespan of a racer is 1 year. What can we(meaning you and I) do to increase that lifespan? You are one of the most talented throttleman I have ever seen in a boat, but yet after all these years we still spar back and forth in turn making us look like idiots and the organization that we represent look the same. Come on Randy, we do share the same passion and we can make this sport better, but standing on your platform about motors isnt step one in the process of fixing the problem. Implementing your rulebook and cleaning our own house(OPA) is step one, then you can slam SBI's rules all you want.

Anytime you want to have an intelligent conversation, give me a call. You know how to reach me, I wont mention her name, but you know its real easy. We dont have to agree at all, but I am sure you have great points, and my track record has shown over the years, before I post, I do my homework. And a little disclaimer before you go back and tell your followers that I am trying to be your friend and they come on the board and try and blast me, we dont have to be friends, but we can be 2 old racing vets that can get together and try to do something that will better this sport instead of sitting here armed with keyboards looking like children
Old 11-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by f1-00 racing
randy,

you ask me a intelligent question, i give you an answer to the best of my ability and all i get is simmons has logged more phone hours.... Could you at least answer if i'm in the ballpark with the numbers that mercury provided to me?

i love mercury motors, every boat that i have campaigned had mercury power in it. You also have one of the prettiest rule books i have ever seen. However, the simplest rule on page 33 which also is the last rule(gps) you cant even follow. The team i was with ran one and we were also told that on the back stretch of st clair with the 7 mph current that we were pulling away from the eventual winner. You state that the boats in your class run 90-93. With our documented top speed of 88 mph(provide an email and i will be more than happy to provide you with a copy of the documentation) how the hell were we pulling on a boat that was running 90-93? We were also waiting in line for the prop shaft dyno, but honestly got tired of waiting. Thankfully we had a circuit breaker go bad on the race course so we could wait for the patrol boat to come over and get a fuel sample as your rule book states that fuel samples can be taken "before, during, or after the race" we did everything in our power to observe the rules that you so eloquently wrote.

Here's another thing that might throw you off. I like opa's svl rules better than i do sbi's. The only difference is that i respect the sbi svl rule book as every rule in it can be enforced and is enforced. Lets look at the opa sv class. The premise is that do whatever you want to the 525 as their is only so much you can do within the parameters that were established. Your very own driver shows up at every race happier than a pig in mud and still competes in that class. Thats all sbi did with their rules. You guys said that you had a sure fire way to monitor rpm's and they begged you to show them so they could implement that into the rule book and you have yet to provide any information of the sort, while they went to extensive measures to try themselves to figure out a definitive way to monitor it, including a gadget that was on the boat that i worked with and the opa inspector was made aware of the premise of it. Upon post race inspection it was proven to both opa and sbi that our attempts to monitor rpm's didnt work. The only system that can do this is the datalogger deal that steve m has.

You also mention dyno's, i think i am the only moron to ever run in the bracket classes with sealed motors. It was done the same way that you observed when you sent 2 motors(500efi from typhoon white, and 525 from the typhoon black) down to sarasota and had no issues whatsoever doing so. In fact i can remember it was the same group that was the bestess in your eyes till you jumped ship to the other group that i guess the dream is finally over cause you dont even mention them in your posts anymore. You put your full allegiance to p1 and i warned you that your class was being used until more p1's were completed then you would be kicked to the curb. And par for the course as been proven over the years, i was right, but i am sure you'll come up with something that you decided to leave

Do i even need to bring up solomons???

You want to be the first one to sit here on this thread and try and defend opa's honor, but yet your the first one to start a thread in another section, basically, "where's my money?" i mean hell you could have called him and yes he does not have the best of history of answering or returning calls, but then you could have tried an email, but no lets go on a public forum and tarnish the very same group that your trying to defend. Talk about being hypocritical.

I have been very critical of opa over the years and after a discussion with smitty in 2010, i have called a spade a spade, however we chat constantly of how i can help make it better. Last year i ran unopposed in sib with a $5000 purse and smitty kept his word that it would be given to me. I diverted and told him to only pay me 1st place monies and put the rest back into the organization. W/o an organization, i have no place to race. Instead of having your hand out all the time, what have you done to better the group your racing with? I also race and/or participate with sbi and have a great time.

Racing is what it is... We race for that elusive $8.00 trophy. You said it best in last years tv that an average lifespan of a racer is 1 year. What can we(meaning you and i) do to increase that lifespan? You are one of the most talented throttleman i have ever seen in a boat, but yet after all these years we still spar back and forth in turn making us look like idiots and the organization that we represent look the same. Come on randy, we do share the same passion and we can make this sport better, but standing on your platform about motors isnt step one in the process of fixing the problem. Implementing your rulebook and cleaning our own house(opa) is step one, then you can slam sbi's rules all you want.

Anytime you want to have an intelligent conversation, give me a call. You know how to reach me, i wont mention her name, but you know its real easy. We dont have to agree at all, but i am sure you have great points, and my track record has shown over the years, before i post, i do my homework. And a little disclaimer before you go back and tell your followers that i am trying to be your friend and they come on the board and try and blast me, we dont have to be friends, but we can be 2 old racing vets that can get together and try to do something that will better this sport instead of sitting here armed with keyboards looking like children
wow
Old 11-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wtf

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Randy,

You ask me a intelligent question, I give you an answer to the best of my ability and all I get is Simmons has logged more phone hours.... Could you at least answer if I'm in the ballpark with the numbers that Mercury provided to me?

I love Mercury motors, every boat that I have campaigned had Mercury power in it. You also have one of the prettiest rule books I have ever seen. However, the simplest rule on Page 33 which also is the last rule(GPS) you cant even follow. The team I was with ran one and we were also told that on the back stretch of St Clair with the 7 mph current that we were pulling away from the eventual winner. You state that the boats in your class run 90-93. With our documented top speed of 88 mph(provide an email and I will be more than happy to provide you with a copy of the documentation) how the hell were we pulling on a boat that was running 90-93? We were also waiting in line for the prop shaft dyno, but honestly got tired of waiting. Thankfully we had a circuit breaker go bad on the race course so we could wait for the patrol boat to come over and get a fuel sample as your rule book states that fuel samples can be taken "before, during, or after the race" We did everything in our power to observe the rules that you so eloquently wrote.

Here's another thing that might throw you off. I like OPA's svl rules better than I do SBI's. The only difference is that I respect the SBI svl rule book as every rule in it can be enforced and is enforced. Lets look at the OPA SV class. The premise is that do whatever you want to the 525 as their is only so much you can do within the parameters that were established. Your very own driver shows up at every race happier than a pig in mud and still competes in that class. Thats all SBI did with their rules. You guys said that you had a sure fire way to monitor RPM's and they begged you to show them so they could implement that into the rule book and you have yet to provide any information of the sort, while they went to extensive measures to try themselves to figure out a definitive way to monitor it, including a gadget that was on the boat that I worked with and the OPA inspector was made aware of the premise of it. Upon post race inspection it was proven to both OPA and SBI that our attempts to monitor RPM's didnt work. The only system that can do this is the datalogger deal that Steve M has.

You also mention dyno's, I think I am the only moron to ever run in the bracket classes with sealed motors. It was done the same way that you observed when you sent 2 motors(500EFI from Typhoon white, and 525 from the Typhoon black) down to Sarasota and had no issues whatsoever doing so. In fact I can remember it was the same group that was the bestess in your eyes till you jumped ship to the other group that I guess the dream is finally over cause you dont even mention them in your posts anymore. You put your full allegiance to P1 and I warned you that your class was being used until more P1's were completed then you would be kicked to the curb. And par for the course as been proven over the years, I was right, but I am sure you'll come up with something that you decided to leave

Do I even need to bring up Solomons???

You want to be the first one to sit here on this thread and try and defend OPA's honor, but yet your the first one to start a thread in another section, basically, "Where's my money?" I mean hell you could have called him and yes he does not have the best of history of answering or returning calls, but then you could have tried an email, but no lets go on a public forum and tarnish the very same group that your trying to defend. Talk about being hypocritical.

I have been very critical of OPA over the years and after a discussion with Smitty in 2010, I have called a spade a spade, however we chat constantly of how I can help make it better. Last year I ran unopposed in SIB with a $5000 purse and Smitty kept his word that it would be given to me. I diverted and told him to only pay me 1st place monies and put the rest back into the organization. W/O an organization, I have no place to race. Instead of having your hand out all the time, what have you done to better the group your racing with? I also race and/or participate with SBI and have a great time.

Racing is what it is... We race for that elusive $8.00 trophy. You said it best in last years tv that an average lifespan of a racer is 1 year. What can we(meaning you and I) do to increase that lifespan? You are one of the most talented throttleman I have ever seen in a boat, but yet after all these years we still spar back and forth in turn making us look like idiots and the organization that we represent look the same. Come on Randy, we do share the same passion and we can make this sport better, but standing on your platform about motors isnt step one in the process of fixing the problem. Implementing your rulebook and cleaning our own house(OPA) is step one, then you can slam SBI's rules all you want.

Anytime you want to have an intelligent conversation, give me a call. You know how to reach me, I wont mention her name, but you know its real easy. We dont have to agree at all, but I am sure you have great points, and my track record has shown over the years, before I post, I do my homework. And a little disclaimer before you go back and tell your followers that I am trying to be your friend and they come on the board and try and blast me, we dont have to be friends, but we can be 2 old racing vets that can get together and try to do something that will better this sport instead of sitting here armed with keyboards looking like children
I know I'm a rookie in this whole thing and my opinion isn't worth a whole hell of a lot, but WHAT THE F***? Trent I don't think I read that much in high school man! Good job though, not many spelling errors.. Seriously, I don't speak for Randy here, but I think that all the Dog is trying to get across is that we want parity in our class so it can grow.. Hell, that's one of the things that drew me into the class, and from what I've heard this past season from quite a few people (fans, potential racers) is that THIS is what they find the most appealing.. Competition at an affordable price with a GREAT group of people..
It is tough to be competitive in all organizations in your respective class when the rules are slightly different and not enforced 100% of the time. I know I'm not the only one out there that hopes to see a unified set of rules, schedule, and mutual respect between organizations in the near future, but for now I think these discussions are sometimes just venting posts for our frustration over certain policies and rules. Don't take the sh*t personal!! We can't lose sight of what we got in this thing for and that is to have fun, race, drink, and piss off our women.. Now I think this is more than I've ever written in high school.. Later.

Kev
Old 11-25-2012, 04:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Mike, IMO only I feel you can get into SVL class in OPA for somewhere in the 60K with a very competitive used Phanton or Extreem boat. All the teams max out at the 92-93 MPH with a spec merc 525. It sounds like about 20 K north of what you wanted to spend but you can be in the hunt with reliability. You dont honestly believe you are going to get a top competitive class 4 OPA boat for 40K. For starters it will have to be twins and there goes the reliability and budget factor. Trent nailed when he said you will never hang in class 4 with a single and the money you will spend trying could have been spent on a SVL. If your not competitive in a $60K SVL in OPA its not the boat LOL. Or you can race in SBI and build yourself a 700 HP SVL and race the OL and Fountain for 3rd place. Be aware the motor program will set you back $40K a year. Then you have to buy a boat. (no disrespect facts only)
can you get in a ol or fountain for under 60 k?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Not even close. LOL Maybe in 10 plus years when there as old as the Phntoms and Extreems are.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Not even close. LOL Maybe in 10 plus years when there as old as the Phntoms and Extreems are.
So I guess the moral of the story its there are no boats available fur under $40,000 .thank god this thread is finally back on topic. The old mirage and class 5 are sounding better and better. Guess its of to find a glass guy.
Thanks for everyones input
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the faith don't get discouraged there are boats out there. Might take time but boats go up for sale everyday for different reason you just never know. Good luck in ur search.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Get a hold of Brad Johnson. I believe he is selling his 06 Extreme. You might get a good deal with or w/o power.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's an awesome boat.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Keep the faith don't get discouraged there are boats out there. Might take time but boats go up for sale everyday for different reason you just never know. Good luck in ur search.
Just wanted to put it out there. its threads like this that make me appreciate the friends we have in class 5. I just thought with the new boats entering the class there would be more older ones for sale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.