Notices

Carb Motors

Old 11-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yuppppps someone got caught fibbing lol.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Post up the proposal here please.looking to possibly get into this class next season but with new proposals out might change which boat we are looking at depending upon specs/regs for changes. We heard that there was a proposal in question just not details in/on them and don't want to bother SBI with questions on a "maybe team"

No bash intentions just curious to see what's on paper.

Sideline sitting to see...
Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy,
I'm not here to have a internet argument with anyone just thought I would let you know our position and the teams that I spoke to in Key West. Were excited about the new engines because I know with the money saved we will be racing A Lot more races next year and are even planning a couple poker runs. Hope to see you and race against you at the first national race in Charlotte Harbor and throughout the year. (or at the Hyatt Sarasota bar again) I'm going out to hurt the liver a little bit since it is Friday night.
Happy Holidays to you and Frank (He's not that bad but is passionate about the sport)
Brett
Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered

There is nothing finalized but as soon as it is will be sure to let you know. Thanks for your interest.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
There is nothing finalized but as soon as it is will be sure to let you know. Thanks for your interest.
Thank you...
Old 11-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Registered

Default Lucas Oil / 2014 Extreme Class

There needs to be a home for V-bottoms with non-spec engines.

With the 2014 proposed changes for the Extreme class, there still isn’t a V-bottom class without restrictions, unless you run against the Cats in the Superboat Unlimited class (exactly like Cat Killer did in Key West).

Some teams are in favor of the Extreme Class becoming an engine spec class.

During a meeting in Clearwater, there was a show of hands to see who wanted this change. Of the five teams present, Pete Meyers was the only person pushing to change engines (he said that both Billy Glueck and Joe Sgro were in favor). In Key West, Billy Glueck said he was tired of working on his engines (therefore supported spec engines) and Joe Sgro also said he would support spec engines.

Some teams are not in favor of the Extreme Class becoming an engine spec class.

77 Lucas Oil's suggestions were:

First Choice - Leave the rules for the Extreme class alone. If a team feels they have unreliable engines, they can decide what they would like to run (which may be the proposed engines).

Second Choice - Develop a transition plan that allows teams to transition into an engine spec class over a 2-year period with a deadline of 2016. Then, if during the next two seasons, there are multiple boats using spec engines who are consistently attending every race, our team would support changing our engines. That being said, there still needs to be a home for V-bottoms with non-spec engines (without having to run against Cats).

If the Extreme Class does become a spec engine class in 2014, SilverHook will run in the Superboat Unlimited class.

As a strong supporter of having fewer classes (with enforceable rules), I hesitate to make this suggestion, but perhaps having an Unlimited Cat and an Unlimited Vee class makes sense?

Janet Wilson, Team Manager
#77 Lucas Oil SilverHook
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

Brett,

Congrats on your world championship this year but when i spoke to Billy a couple weeks before kw he told me personally he was NOT in favor of a spec engine class. if you guys want to run a spec engine thats fine and im not trying to stop that but that class should be a supervee limited class like before... extreme should be for the teams who want to push the limits in horsepower and weight and the teams that cant afford to race the extreme class they should race the limited class, bottom line. but for sbi to tell teams they are not welcome because they have to much horsepower is absurd. People like Frank piss me off because he is speaking completely out of class and dosent even race in the class. He may be passionate but so am i and i can smoke his little boat any day. i buy and sell motors all the time but that has nothing to do with the power in my race boat. i hope you and Billy will come chase me next year. btw you guys looked great in kw with that power
Old 11-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JPD Motorsports
Post up the proposal here please.looking to possibly get into this class next season but with new proposals out might change which boat we are looking at depending upon specs/regs for changes. We heard that there was a proposal in question just not details in/on them and don't want to bother SBI with questions on a "maybe team"

No bash intentions just curious to see what's on

Sideline sitting to see...
The latest draft was just out , will keep you up dated if it is approved. Thanks again
Old 11-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Racewater
There needs to be a home for V-bottoms with non-spec engines.

As a strong supporter of having fewer classes (with enforceable rules), I hesitate to make this suggestion, but perhaps having an Unlimited Cat and an Unlimited Vee class makes sense?

Janet Wilson, Team Manager
#77 Lucas Oil SilverHook

it makes perfect sense. all this bantering aside and my experience with John, he will will put a class together for the teams that want to push the limits of horsepower and put on a show for the fans. just like he did for the cats
Old 11-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
it makes perfect sense. all this bantering aside and my experience with John, he will will put a class together for the teams that want to push the limits of horsepower and put on a show for the fans. just like he did for the cats
Andy I agree all the BS isnt getting anyone anywhere.
Serious good luck and be safe, like you said it will all work out hopefully, and we can get back to racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.