Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   Superboat Cat 2014 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/307111-superboat-cat-2014-a.html)

Xtremeracing 01-06-2014 12:43 PM

Superboat Cat 2014

With new boats being built, and some of the older Cats be bouht that have registered with SBI for the Superboat Cat class already, Looking like SBI will be fielding one of the biggest premier classes in Offshore this yr. With stricter tech inspection and some new addition equipment the side by side racing that we have seen the last few yrs will continiue for 2014 season. With a fleet of possible as many as 12 boats the racing should be awesome. Port Charlotte is less then 3 short months away and already the JD BYRIDER #10 team is working fast and furious to get ready for the new season.

AB From Windsor 01-06-2014 03:31 PM

Look forward to seeing the Super Boat Cat Class in 2014. I believe it is going to be a big hit or should I say bigger hit with the fans and competitors from last year.

Xtremeracing 01-06-2014 06:34 PM

The new motor package and rules seem to be the ticket, alot of Critic said it was the wrong way to go I guess it worked out.
The Superboat Vee Extrem class will be doing the same thing this coming yr with a very simalar motor package that has been approved already by the class. I think you will see that class grow also and some great racing there.
If all goes well other classes will adapt simalar rule as time goes on.

saleen385 01-08-2014 02:51 PM

Will be great to see more boats out there racing. I'm really interested to see how the 40' Mystic stacks up.
Would've been nice if we could have done a pair of engines for someone in the class.

Jim

DriverofDonzi 01-09-2014 08:43 PM

Awesome!!!! Just cant wait! :) :) :)

Chris

Ryan Beckley 01-10-2014 06:51 AM

Hey Frank, what new boats are being bought and new / old boats have registered?

Xtremeracing 01-10-2014 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 4054976)
Hey Frank, what new boats are being bought and new / old boats have registered?

Cleveland Construction has purchased the Old Talking Trash boat and will be racing this coming yr, and there is also another 388 Skater that will be converting to Superboat motors. There is a new 40ft Mystic being built (Likely to make an immediate impact on the offshore racing circuit, the first 4000R will go to a well-known team that, at this point, wants to keep its name out of the media. The team currently plans to campaign the 40-footer in SBI's Superboat class next year.) plus a new 40ft Skater.

Ryan Beckley 01-10-2014 01:24 PM

That's great news! I hope they can get all these boats to the same races and not just split between SBI and OPA races. Should make for great racing when they get all of them at one race site.

Xtremeracing 01-10-2014 04:12 PM

I'm sure a few will run both but I dont know that for sure just my opinion . I do know most of them are registered with SBI. I think with the wear and tear on the motors they will have to be smart and pick the races best for them. Still havent heard from the new team with the Mystic.

Xtremeracing 01-10-2014 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 4055096)
That's great news! I hope they can get all these boats to the same races and not just split between SBI and OPA races. Should make for great racing when they get all of them at one race site.

I agree we have seen classes split and just go away, would be a shame the class is growing and the racing has been great so far. Fast Boats and Wapaint were absent most of the yr last yr getting ready and it will be great to see them in the mix this coming yr. Looks like Port Charlotte is going to be a big turn out, but time will tell..