Notices

Absolutly Not

Old 05-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Absolutly Not

What the heck happened???? I was watching the Live Stream and heard the crowd OOOOOOOO and then the camera swung over and we didn't see anything. Saw the hatch was gone on the back so it had to have been a hard landing. Mark was smoking the field before it happened and looked good. Hope all is well in the boat. Does anyone have details?
Randy
Old 05-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read on another thread that they barrel rolled, but landed upright.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Get well soon boys
Old 05-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they have their logger in there yet ? it would be interesting to see how fast it was going and how many g's when hit.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

They lost the back hatch, the roof hatch was crushed and badly damaged, and the canopy window was broken and parts blew out of it. Thankfully Mark and Jerry are "OK". I am in shock, as to, how badly the canopy was damaged in such a new, late model, boat.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Registered

Ryan the boat came up spun upside Down and landed squarely on the canopy at about 80 mph

Last edited by extras; 05-19-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Ryan is right
Old 05-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
They lost the back hatch, the roof hatch was crushed and badly damaged, and the canopy window was broken and parts blew out of it. Thankfully Mark and Jerry are "OK". I am in shock, as to, how badly the canopy was damaged in such a new, late model, boat.
For a long time all we heard was that these SVLs would not go over, well that has been proven wrong in the last couple of years. I wonder if the canopy on that Fountain is the same on Billy Glueck's boat? If it is built the same imagine what would have happen to his boat that can run 140 plus.

I hope they make it right and I am very thankful that nothing happened to our fellow racers.

BTW, The boat looked fantastic!!

Wil
Old 05-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The canopy on Twisted Metal was built similarly. It was completely re-structured a couple years ago at Supreme marine in Ft Lauderdale.

Mark I am just glad you guys are OK. I saw the hatch and lid after the race. I've turned a boat or two over in my time. you don't need to make excuse on how or why the damage happened. The canopy damage to your boat is in-excuseable and un acceptable. The builders of your boat need to take a hard look at what they built there. Remember your boat weighs 1/2 as much and goes 40 mph less than many of there boats that have the exact same canopy system. Think about the multiplication of forces with that weight and speed..... the out come would be much worse in a 9,000 lbs boat at 120mph......
Old 05-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered

Ryan I agree. We are going to sit down with them and see what we can do to make her stronger. A hit at 130 or 140 would not be good. Just to let people know the same person who laid up the other Fountain canopy race boats laid up mine. (Reggie or no Reggie argument)
Old 05-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Registered

Glad you guys are ok, hope the boat isn't hurt too bad... You guys really were haulin ass!! The boat looked awesome...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.