Old 07-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Stinson I'll give you a ring at lunchtime
Old 07-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vortec Bandit
I'd like to start a thread about SVL owners agreeing on an engine package so we can race together. Who's in?
Your more than welcome to start a thread anytime you want. Bluntly, being that I have raced on both sides of the track and have been around both organizations SVL class directly for the past 3 years, I really dont see any chance of a single motor agreement happening. SBI currently has 3 motor options, yes it is a phase out situation, but SBI has proper tech in order to stay on top of it. While OPA has awesome tech for the bracket classes which is what they claim to be in a "grass roots" organization, they do not have the proper tech for the spec classes they offer at this time. It takes money and the OPA SVL class has not stepped up to volunteer an entry fee or anything to defuse the extra expense of hiring a qualified inspector that can focus on the task at hand without having the additional distractions of preparing boats to compete. This is the only fear I have for this new class Sean is proposing, is the lack of proper tech once he chooses a motor package he wants to offer. That being said, Smitty has told me that he(OPA) has the proper tech tools to verify engine specs, but with the current 2014 OPA rule book states that it is an easily accessible "sealed" class so there would be no reason to break out the personnel or tech tools, right? You are dealing with 20th century technology and 21st century technology and i am sure each one of us in the class will do everything in our power to protect the value of our investments.

Chris, the racers(including myself) are the demise and downfall of our sport, I hope I am wrong, but as I said, you are more than capable of starting a new thread, but in knowing the players in the class, we as a group will never get on the same page. As you see, randy has his flock that come to his rescue everytime he steps in poop, people that claim they are long term friends but I am sure glad that long term friend of his despises me after what I have heard him directly say about Randy, dang, I might not have many friends, but the ones I do would never back stab me like that. Chris, it is what it is, and while I have the same desires of you for 1 motor, it just wont happen. Not being negative, just trying to live in reality and history in our sport always seems to repeat itself, its a shame we cant learn from it. How ironic it is to be in a thread about bringing back Factory racing, which Mercury destroyed and here we are again in the same situation....

Theres my take, go ahead start a new thread. Lets try and give back Sean his thread and maybe he can come up with something productive that can benefit our sport
Old 07-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=F1-00 Racing;4330956])
. As you see, randy has his flock that come to his rescue everytime he steps in poop, people that claim they are long term friends but I am sure glad that long term friend of his despises me after what I have heard him directly say a
bout Randy, dang, I might not have many friends, but the ones I do would never back stab me like that.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our 25' Active Thunder we raced in 1998-1999 as "Active Thunder Racing F-136 " with US Offshore is a now pleasure boat. We ran into the current owner by pure chance at the OPA race in Atlantic City.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=F1-00 Racing;4330956

As you see, randy has his flock that come to his rescue everytime he steps in poop, people that claim they are long term friends but I am sure glad that long term friend of his despises me after what I have heard him directly say about Randy, dang, I might not have many friends, but the ones I do would never back stab me like that.

[/QUOTE]

I sure hope you have facts to back up that statement. dont post untruths. You may regret it someday.

The reason you dont have many friends is because you come off as a condescending a$$hole. You seem to think you are above most and pretend you are smarter than everyone by writing offshore novels on here.
When it comes to backstabbing... I seem to recall you screwing me in 2003 / 2004. remember? Some friend you must be. Should I go into detail ..

Im done....Feel free to call me any time...908 413 5470 I'll be more than happy to hash it out with you.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
I'm looking for a boat count of all Factory Class Race Boats both 1& 2 with spec engines 500HP, 500EFI, or 525EFI not bumped, blown, massaged, rubbed, hexed, voodoo'd, or any other term you may come up with to increase horsepower.....I know there's a bunch of them sitting in moth balls collecting dust that could be raced again.....DON'T BE SHY RAISE YOUR HANDS!!!!!!
I have the F1-15 RACE BOAT AND SCARABS F2 -80 RACE BOAT. FOR YOU GUYS LIVING IN THE PAST ( STOP )LOOKING BACK OR YOULL NEVER WIN A RACE. ITS 2015 ITS THE ONLY YEAR THAT MATTERS NOW THE REST IS HISTORY LETS WORK TO BETTER THE SPORT FOR 2016 ,2017,20...............
Old 07-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

..I post facts that are documented as I am trying to benefit the sport.... Please tell me you see hope in 1 motor actually being agreed upon especially with the obvious facts I presented in that "offshore novel"? It was good speaking with you and while we wont ever be friends, hopefully the resolution is agreeing to disagree and at least co-existing. Like I said on the phone, I never screwed you, hope to talk again soon and we can cover that more in detail

I am me, I am no better than anyone no worse than anyone, just me... Most racers want to live under the delusion that everything is perfect, yet they complain and ***** and moan behind the backs so to speak, but dont do anything to make it better. While my posts might come across as being negative, in some ways yes, our sport is not perfect and I might state a problem, but will be in front of the line trying to reach a solution with a positive outcome. I guess you and everyone missed the post a few weeks back of me once again reaching out to Randy to call me in order to maybe have an intelligent conversation in order to maybe come up with something agreeable to make our class better, but I have yet to receive any call or message in any shape or form.. Offshore is what it is

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 07-17-2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: original post made it worse
Old 07-17-2015, 11:22 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus Christ and you wonder why racing is phucked up......Randy is correct in the original days of Factory class racing there were authorized sealing center Dick Simon Marine being one of them which is where I worked then we ran 2 F2 boats out of there 1 38 Formula and 1 38 Cigarette before I entered the Cig into competition our Formula was 2nd fastest behind Treadwell's first 38 my first race was Benicia, California and I had the fastest boat in the Fleet EVERYBODY had there money out to tech my boat until I spun out funny thing is my boat was torn apart after that and it was 100% legal BUT I WAS A CHEATER......let's get back on track gentlemen.....Randy is a stand up guy always has been always will be I've been in the boat with him and he knows how to race PERIOD......I would prefer we stay on track......BTW most people that point the finger don't have a clue on setup but everybody else is a cheater because you can't set your boat up....

If anybody would accept this challenge I would put my money on Randy and give you a boat with more Horsepower and less weight in some real water and he would hand your ass to you.

Also Class 7 has one of the highest boat counts in it's class racing

Now back to racing I need a phucking boat count....PLEASE
Old 07-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Those formulas were awesome ! in what 01 02 there were four of dominating .
Old 07-17-2015, 12:49 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SALE N BUY 615
I have the F1-15 RACE BOAT AND SCARABS F2 -80 RACE BOAT. FOR YOU GUYS LIVING IN THE PAST ( STOP )LOOKING BACK OR YOULL NEVER WIN A RACE. ITS 2015 ITS THE ONLY YEAR THAT MATTERS NOW THE REST IS HISTORY LETS WORK TO BETTER THE SPORT FOR 2016 ,2017,20...............
Get in touch with me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.