Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Years of speculation come to an end! >

Years of speculation come to an end!

Notices

Years of speculation come to an end!

Old 11-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today Forehand speared points leader SunPrint in a turn, putting a hole in its side and ending the team's quest for a second straight world title. For all of you people who want to justify Forehand's serial cheating as "just racing," fine. Real racers know you don't interfere with the other competitors when you have no chance of winning a championship in the final race of the season. You stay out of the way and let the contenders battle amongst themselves. He's a disgraceful menace.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A real sanctioning body would have Disqualified the team after getting caught cheating,,,. the first 3 times.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least the NASCAR teams never push the limits of the rules.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
"Push the limits" is one thing. But, to blatantly and repeatedly break the rules is pathetic, if not despicable.
Sadly, it seems the Dr and his chauffeur are a "Golden team" and as such, enjoy immunity from being disqualified from an event.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
What NASCAR teams have been DQ'ed with illegal gear ratios? Absolutely no respect for the rules. Also the bull$hit about the change of ownership is a joke. The only reason they did that was to get rid of the weight penalty.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Jimmy Johnson
Tony Stewart
Kyle Busch
To name a few have been penalized for illegal gear ratio.
Never banned from racing as some of you would want apparently.
If they banned all the minor rule infractions in nascar none of the big name teams would be allowed!
People usually hate the guy they can't beat in racing. It's unfortunate, a person could get more out of it by being happy for that person winning, watching that person, learning and trying hard to beat them.
Instead some choose to hate. The only person effected by hating on someone is the person doing the hating.

Sorry that some people are just sore loosers.
Look at all the Hillary supporters, a bunch of sore losers!
Old 11-24-2016, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
Kyle Busch
If they banned all the minor rule infractions in nascar none of the big name teams would be allowed!
!
leaving some openings for a more honest 43 perhaps
Old 11-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
Jimmy Johnson
Tony Stewart
Kyle Busch
To name a few have been penalized for illegal gear ratio.
Never banned from racing as some of you would want apparently.
People usually hate the guy they can't beat in racing. It's unfortunate, a person could get more out of it by being happy for that person winning, watching that person, learning and trying hard to beat them.
Instead some choose to hate. The only person effected by hating on someone is the person doing the hating.

Sorry that some people are just sore loosers.
Look at all the Hillary supporters, a bunch of sore losers!
HUstlerguy, Obviously we all see the boat that you own and see the brand loyalty that you have. You have a great boat and is fun for you I am sure, however you keep bringing the word Nascar into the equation and bluntly its apples and oranges... Nascar is a full time profession with offshore racing being a professional hobby; huge difference. Usually I only speak for myself, but on this one I will speak for the class that in some shape or form I have been apart of directly for the past 4 years. You will not find a single sore loser in SBI's Superboat Vee Class. Its a incredible group of guys that spend their money to come out and race hard and have a great time with each other. I really find it comical that you call anyone in the class a sore loser, when in fact each team spent in upwards of 15 g to participate knowing damn well with the OL team's history in the class, they still showed up after finding out the OL would be competing. Then whether you like it or not 2 teams got caught blatantly cheating, one team choosing to go into P3 race out the rest of the week quietly and then put their boat up for sale while the other just happened to have the right cam sitting in their trailer and had the legal drive ratio handy and pass inspection again and still compete in the class knowing that unless a miracle happened that all boats broke Fri or Sun they would not be eligible to win anything. You keep preaching that they bent the rules... Please put down the crack pipe. A solid cam and a hydraulic cam are two different animals and maybe if the lift parameters were off just a little bit, ok I see bent, but to use a totally illegal part? That is malicious intent and a blatant breaking of the rules. ok they got caught and once again with the teams notorious history of using illegal parts, yes the teams were upset as they should be. Now if they passed tech, once again, they did NOT, and got pummeled, then ok I could see you calling the guys sore losers, but the cheaters got caught. Unfortunately, they can come out and race every race next year and be totally legal, but they will always be known as cheaters and then you see the fall out of other boats not wanting to spend a dime to race against a cheater that has been caught on numerous occasions and the class goes away. Im coming out regardless if they are there or not, I know SBI has proper tech which step by step is getting better each and every race considering the fact that Offshore racing does NOT have the 20 million dollar tech budget that your almighty Nascar has per year, but I would much rather race against 10-12 boats that our class can be in SBI than 1-2. Maybe you can consult with the team and get them to build a SV 43 and let Brian do his magic as bluntly, the 10 year old Fountains have been demolishing that model OL for years now

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 11-24-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
HUstlerguy, Obviously we all see the boat that you own and see the brand loyalty that you have. You have a great boat and is fun for you I am sure, however you keep bringing the word Nascar into the equation and bluntly its apples and oranges... Nascar is a full time profession with offshore racing being a professional hobby; huge difference. Usually I only speak for myself, but on this one I will speak for the class that in some shape or form I have been apart of directly for the past 4 years. You will not find a single sore loser in SBI's Superboat Vee Class. Its a incredible group of guys that spend their money to come out and race hard and have a great time with each other. I really find it comical that you call anyone in the class a sore loser, when in fact each team spent in upwards of 15 g to participate knowing damn well with the OL team's history in the class, they still showed up after finding out the OL would be competing. Then whether you like it or not 2 teams got caught blatantly cheating, one team choosing to go into P3 race out the rest of the week quietly and then put their boat up for sale while the other just happened to have the right cam sitting in their trailer and had the legal drive ratio handy and pass inspection again and still compete in the class knowing that unless a miracle happened that all boats broke Fri or Sun they would not be eligible to win anything. You keep preaching that they bent the rules... Please put down the crack pipe. A solid cam and a hydraulic cam are two different animals and maybe if the lift parameters were off just a little bit, ok I see bent, but to use a totally illegal part? That is malicious intent and a blatant breaking of the rules. ok they got caught and once again with the teams notorious history of using illegal parts, yes the teams were upset as they should be. Now if they passed tech, once again, they did NOT, and got pummeled, then ok I could see you calling the guys sore losers, but the cheaters got caught. Unfortunately, they can come out and race every race next year and be totally legal, but they will always be known as cheaters and then you see the fall out of other boats not wanting to spend a dime to race against a cheater that has been caught on numerous occasions and the class goes away. Im coming out regardless if they are there or not, I know SBI has proper tech which step by step is getting better each and every race considering the fact that Offshore racing does NOT have the 20 million dollar tech budget that your almighty Nascar has per year, but I would much rather race against 10-12 boats that our class can be in SBI than 1-2. Maybe you can consult with the team and get them to build a SV 43 and let Brian do his magic as bluntly, the 10 year old Fountains have been demolishing that model OL for years now
F1-00
First off yes I have a Outerlimits and I like my boat, but I am plenty big enough to see right and wrong and be honest about it, If a team company is doing something wrong I'm able to say so, it doesnt hurt me one bit, I don't care if its OL or Fountain or any company or team.

I never meant any disrespect for any of the teams or racers and if anyone read it that way I apologize for that. I'm not calling them sore losers.
Who that was directed at are the spectators like myself on this thread who want to blame all there favorite teams problems on Brian and Doc. Or the ones who blame them for racing hard to win not for the money but the pride. For a accident that happened and they were in the inside lane of a corner and got a hole stuck in the side of the rear of there boat (that surely didnt help them win). For the guys who cant see it takes two to tangle (both parties in a accident have fault). For the ones that refuse to look at all the other incidents on the race course that weekend.

Racing is racing whether its Nascar, AMA, SBI, any sanction It really is not Apples to Oranges in my opinion like you say, I'd say Brian and team had just as much as anyone else on the line as far as money and time.
I raced on 2 wheels for many years. From small time organizations to the AMA across the whole country. Every kind of sport racers push the limits in driving and equipment and setups. There were times when I was racing at top level and I was torn down for tech with others believing I was illegal and my teams stuff was found to be legal we just had a good setup that day and I rode well, I've also been pretty sure other teams were illegal but tech found them to be legal, sometimes people/teams find a good setup for that particular race weekend.

I don't condone cheating, I can see your point of how it looks in this instance. I cant say how blatant or not it was or if it's a oversight, I'm not speculating either way. I see the optics look bad for them but honestly they have been through tech so many times and found legal so that mean the wins were legit! So while they did get caught doing something illegal this time and I don't condone that and I'd bet that wont happen again, that does not mean there cheating everytime they win like others would like to insist.

I do know Brian went out after switching everything, raced and won, passed tech inspection after being re inspected again after the race.

They said the same thing about the Fountain teams 10-15 years ago, always cheaters, bunch of no good sob cheaters cant win without it. But were only fount to be illegal a few times.

I wish you the best of luck bud and hope you keep coming out to race the class.
I have about zero pull at Outerlimits man, so I wont even try to consult with them about what they should do for there race program or sv 43.
I think OL can see themselves that the older fountain boats are running good in there class and if there going to compete there going to have to step up big
Old 11-25-2016, 03:17 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

uh oh competition in the "oso novelist,s " department.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.