Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Years of speculation come to an end! >

Years of speculation come to an end!

Notices

Years of speculation come to an end!

Old 11-25-2016, 05:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"If you ain't cheatin, you ain't winnin" Smokey Yunick.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
F1-00
First off yes I have a Outerlimits and I like my boat, but I am plenty big enough to see right and wrong and be honest about it, If a team company is doing something wrong I'm able to say so, it doesnt hurt me one bit, I don't care if its OL or Fountain or any company or team.

I never meant any disrespect for any of the teams or racers and if anyone read it that way I apologize for that. I'm not calling them sore losers.
Who that was directed at are the spectators like myself on this thread who want to blame all there favorite teams problems on Brian and Doc. Or the ones who blame them for racing hard to win not for the money but the pride. For a accident that happened and they were in the inside lane of a corner and got a hole stuck in the side of the rear of there boat (that surely didnt help them win). For the guys who cant see it takes two to tangle (both parties in a accident have fault). For the ones that refuse to look at all the other incidents on the race course that weekend.

Racing is racing whether its Nascar, AMA, SBI, any sanction It really is not Apples to Oranges in my opinion like you say, I'd say Brian and team had just as much as anyone else on the line as far as money and time.
I raced on 2 wheels for many years. From small time organizations to the AMA across the whole country. Every kind of sport racers push the limits in driving and equipment and setups. There were times when I was racing at top level and I was torn down for tech with others believing I was illegal and my teams stuff was found to be legal we just had a good setup that day and I rode well, I've also been pretty sure other teams were illegal but tech found them to be legal, sometimes people/teams find a good setup for that particular race weekend.

I don't condone cheating, I can see your point of how it looks in this instance. I cant say how blatant or not it was or if it's a oversight, I'm not speculating either way. I see the optics look bad for them but honestly they have been through tech so many times and found legal so that mean the wins were legit! So while they did get caught doing something illegal this time and I don't condone that and I'd bet that wont happen again, that does not mean there cheating everytime they win like others would like to insist.

I do know Brian went out after switching everything, raced and won, passed tech inspection after being re inspected again after the race.

They said the same thing about the Fountain teams 10-15 years ago, always cheaters, bunch of no good sob cheaters cant win without it. But were only fount to be illegal a few times.

I wish you the best of luck bud and hope you keep coming out to race the class.
I have about zero pull at Outerlimits man, so I wont even try to consult with them about what they should do for there race program or sv 43.
I think OL can see themselves that the older fountain boats are running good in there class and if there going to compete there going to have to step up big
I do see what your saying concerning racing is racing, however after being directly in Nascar during the 90's including part of a team and currently a member of the Nascar Media Group along with my 16 year involvement in Offshore racing, its apples and oranges...

The reason I say malicious intent on the cheating with illegal parts is due to knowing both parties involved, they are too smart(hell it wouldnt surprise me if they arent labeled geniuses) for it to be an oversight.... Im pretty well versed with the rulebook, they can tell you the page number and paragraph... As far as the accident, yes it takes 2 to tango, however if your sitting at a red light and I rear end you, are you at fault? There are 2 scenarios and yes blame should be looked into and pointed. For lack of better words, I'll use lanes... Marker 17 is in lane 1 with Sunprint in Lane 2, this is the fact established... Two possibilities could have happened. Sunprint could have pinched Marker 17 leaving them no room to turn and BANG... or Marker 17 went in too hot and/or couldnt hold the turn and went over into Sunprint, BANG... I spent 2 days repairing the deck separating from the hull on my new to me boat from the last time the Watch Your Back Fountain was in Lane 1 and the prior owners(of my boat) were in lane 5; BANG both boats hit during KW 2012... Once again, just as the engine/drive cheating, this isnt the first time for this team...

I have said Brian is the most talented racer in our class and I sit here especially with him winning the friday race, why does he feel the need to cheat?(Ive asked this numerous times and never heard one answer yet) Whether you win by 1 second or 20 minutes, you get paid the same and collect the same trophy. Ive also seen Doc throttle a boat and yes magic happened, I always wondered especially since 2010 through whenever he supposedly sold the boat to Brian and all the expense he shelled out, why would he want to just sit there and be a passenger.. To each his own I guess....

I also understand what your saying about the Fountains 10-15 yrs ago... I was a fountain owner and raced it and dealt with the accusations(nothing was ever found illegal)

The mantra of Offshore, is "it is what it is" and that will never change.. at least SBI being the only sanctioning body with any form of tech and its only getting better and better, it will keep them on the level playing field and we can see his talent shine through or maybe he might lose a race here or there.. My crystal ball is fuzzy
Old 11-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets wrap this up with this...
Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
...I also understand what your saying about the Fountains 10-15 yrs ago... I was a fountain owner and raced it and dealt with the accusations(nothing was ever found illegal)
The mantra of Offshore, is "it is what it is" and that will never change.. at least SBI being the only sanctioning body with any form of tech and its only getting better and better, it will keep them on the level playing field and we can see his talent shine through or maybe he might lose a race here or there.. My crystal ball is fuzzy
Maybe you remember the Kilo run and race during the APBA Offshore days
when a Factory 1 Fountain ran a kilo speed faster than the Super V Lite class record. The boat came in, by-passed the crane and went straight to a waiting trailer and was pulled immediately into an open door to an empty shop, the doors closing behind it, not allowing an APBA inspection. APBA dis-allowed the run. We're all sure THAT was a legal boat...(rolling my eyes).
Fast-forward to a Dr that had a boat wider, taller and heavier than any boat in the class that out-runs the class by 10 mph. However, this is a SBI event. Not much for inspections at the time. Even when the Dr and his chauffeur are caught with illegal parts , (only because they had to replace a transom assembly due to one of Brians spin-outs) there is NO DQ. So, The DR sells the boat, sans engine, and the boat never runs the magic speeds again. In comes a new Outer limits with a magic moter and runs away from everyone while dragging both tabs like wheelie bars and puts 20 seconds on the fleet by lap 2. More illegal parts are found.
They lose points for that race, but still allowed to race the rest of the event without being disqualified from the event. People still think it's the magic throttleman/driver, It seems the "magic" follows the Dr and his chauffeur regardless of the boat they are in. Then they get caught cheating, again.
Anyone who thinks this doesn't stink needs therapy.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don,t understand , why do it ?

If you know you are a cheater you also know you are a loser ,wheres the reward?
Old 11-28-2016, 04:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Praise from your mother?