Jersey Boyz Race meeting >

Jersey Boyz Race meeting

Notices

Jersey Boyz Race meeting

Old 12-22-2002, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Jersey Boyz Race meeting

Were you guy's able to accomplish much at the meeting on Saturday?
John Franco & I are going to be racing in Jersey this coming season!
We are planning on joining OPA. You guy's sound like a good group!
Any updates would be appreciated!

TomR
Old 12-22-2002, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TomR,

Check the General Discussion under Jerzey Boyz meeting report.

raynman
Old 12-22-2002, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

It was run with profesionalism by Kirt,Eddie and Augie.They did exactly what was needed which was asking the racers what we wanted.With this kind of open forum you cant have *****ing because we (the racers) are in charge of are own destiny.
It was determined that it will be P class style racing only so teck. inspections will be for safty first.They are still working on the rules for placing boats in class's and how to determin on how to regulate break out speeds.Lot of good ideas were presented by many people and gave us all a lot to think about.Any way you look at it there will be more boats racing each other than in the past do to only max 5 classes.I personaly would like to see only 3-4 classes.We had a special guest Ted Zoli pres. of APBA showed to listen to our meeting.If you have never met Ted you are missing out on one of the true great men of our sport with only the best intentions of making the sport the best it can be with out all the BS.I like his honesty and his fairness to all racers.We all agree we will race because we are there to have FUN and not a living.Everyone agreed sponsorship money is needed to run a race and it would be nice to lower our entry cost and not recieve prize money.Race for trophys and flags. over all we are all very excited to race next year.Well thats what I got out of it.Other people please put in what you got out of it and any Ideas you liked or dis liked.
Randy
Old 12-22-2002, 11:17 AM
Smittymarine

Tom, the meeting went very well, we had around 80 people there representing over 30 teams. We have at present 22 other teams that have contacted us in ref to racing with us this season, unfortunately could not make the meeting. Some topics covered were, intros to OPA board members, Tech inspectors, safety personel, Race schedule, rules, and their enforcement. We went over at great length, the issue of speed enforcement in the P classes. Many good points were brought to the table by the racers themselves. We now have to look at the info and come to the best solution. In the NE OPA we have at this time four ocean races scheduled. One Bricktown Race, one Seaside Race, The original Point Pleasant Race, A new site added is Atlantic City! And we have a few other options we are looking at. If you have any other questions feel free to call me at 732 920 3945 Ed

Old 12-22-2002, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank you guys for the update on the meeting.
I wish I had been available to run down and meet everbody in person but unfortunatly I couldn't!
John & I, along with our wifes, are going to try to make it down to the awards dinner in February.

It sounds to me that by just running five P class type races it will keep it simple and also very affordable for more people to come out and race. With more teams, the more fun we will all have!!

Last edited by TomR; 12-22-2002 at 08:28 PM.