Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   Reindl - One Design Series (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/45744-reindl-one-design-series.html)

BamBam 03-19-2003 11:00 AM

Reindl - One Design Series

I have been looking at entering racing this year. I have looked at starting in P-Class, F1, F2 and Super Catlight Outboard Tripple. Until just this week I have not even considered One Design as a way to start. After reading one of the treads in the general discussion area this class seems to have a lot to offer to a new racer.

I have to ask for anyones experience with the One Design series, good or bad. Your comments will greatly be appreciated to help me make up my mind.

Dredgeking 03-19-2003 11:08 AM

it's an easy way to become oriented with racing and it minimizes the hassle. it's fun. bobby fisher raced the entire last season. i think he is racing f2 this year. he would have good input on his experience.

Cincinnati Race 03-19-2003 04:01 PM

The thing I like most is the fact all the teams go out together and have a great time, then the next day they are so competitive - and they all have a blast, from first to tenth place. I still talk to most of last years racers on a regular basis.

I will be covering the series again for H2O Performance.com - so look for the stories every Sunday following the race.

Racing the GLSCS makes sense for those on a budget because of the $25000 first place prize money put up by the sponsors, the lower lease cost of $3500, and there is less time needed off of work.

Terrah Lee

THEJOKER 03-19-2003 04:26 PM

simple

BB:

It's a simple , safe way to go racing. You can actually make some money with Reindl. Chris is a good guy and will take care of you - BH

KY Racing 03-19-2003 05:09 PM

Poker Runs are a blast to run with the doors off, but nothing compares to racing in full competition. Those are a few weekends I will never forget, and we will be running a Pro tour race or two this year.

Chris and his staff are also excellent and great at walking you through all the political bs and registration process.

And the best thing is the boat's design and reliability - I have never seen anyone leave without having a great time, win or loose.

glassdave 03-19-2003 05:58 PM

for the most bang for the buck you cant go wrong with the One Design series especially if you are just getting started in racing. I have had several experiances with Chris and his program and have nothing but good things to say. it is very competitive and offers a great way to learn the inns and outs of offshore racing. and besides . . how cool is it to not have to worry about transporting the boat and maintanance :cool: . . .oh . . and the boats are nothing short of amazing. i have been in many boats but these things top the "fun factor" list for sure. the rougher the water the better. :D :D . . . I pop in an out of the races from time to time and help out chris when i can, hope to see you there bambam . . . . :cool: :cool: :cool:

Teampita 03-19-2003 08:01 PM

Hey BAMBAM: I raced the Reindl Powerboats the entire 2001 season in P4. We finish second to Zero Cavity which happens to be another Reindl Powerboat. We finished the 2001 season by winning world championship in Key West. We fund our races almost entirely by securing sponsorships. In 2002 we only raced one race since the economy was bad and the sponsorships were hard to get. We have our sponsorship campaign in full swing so look for us at all the GLSCS races this season. Its the best way to get your experience racing. If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Ben@SRP 03-19-2003 08:27 PM

BamBam,
I think it is a great opportunity. Canopy, leasing, 80's (mph), show up and race, they handle great, they get GREAT sponsor attention, and Canopy... (I know I said that twice, it for a reason.) Chris is a great guy, I say do it.

Ben

Just Browsing 03-19-2003 09:12 PM

If you're serious about getting into racing, and don't have a lot of experience, then the One Design series is a must. You will be able to fly (drive) to a race site, attend the driver's meeting, and do a few simple things like adjust your seat belts, get your lap-counting tape where you like it (Chris will do it for you, if you prefer), and just jump in to race. Then, the best part comes, you hop out after the race, go to the podium to get your trophy, and relax, relax, and relax. Then you get up to go to the racer's party. You don't have to deal with all of the headaches that come with the joy of owning a race boat. (inspection, washdown, all that fun stuff).

Give it a try, and I promise you won't be dissappointed!

Bobby Fisher
2002 APBA One Design National Champion
2002 SBI Divisional National Champion - P5

Pete B 03-20-2003 12:16 PM

As Just Browsing has stated it is a Great Place to start, it is reguardless of your boating expierence, racing the one design series is completely different. step up to the plate and dont be left out.