Make Money Racing On The APBA Pro-Series >

Make Money Racing On The APBA Pro-Series

Notices

Old 11-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Manatee

Hey Guys,
I know you have heard it from alot of people.."if your out to make money your in the wrong sport"....your not!!
I'm in to because I love it....but thats not a reason for me to not to make money doing it. Another year is over and again another profitable year...So don't listend to the bull...go out and get your sponsors now!!!!
A few examples:
Most corp. have been working on the marketing budget for the last 2 months for 2004..start talking to them now..you can always find people to sponsor....if you can find a sponsor or combined sponsors for as low as $10,000 for the year here is what you have to work with...

In F1- We averaged 6 boats all year...and payout was the top 3...you had a 50% chance for getting prize money..3rd place avg. $1500. If you finished 5 races in 3rd place..that gives you a $7,500 budget plus a $10,000 sponsor program.
Take out and average of $160.00 for race fuel and another $250.00 for fuel to get to the races.
Hotels....alot of people spend so much a year here....most hotels have comp money....if you start early in the year...alot of times you can find a hotel chain and work out the hole year and stay at the same chain....some teams are spending $500 to $600 a race for hotels..
Food and drinks..just like hotels they also set up comp money...you can find restaurant that will feed you by simpley bring out your boat....
Spending time at potential sponsors for the following year...get to know the people and companys when you at the race site for the next year...follow up with them now for the 2004 season....while its still fresh in there memorys...you are nuts if you were not talking with people that owned companys while you were in Orange Beach.....all they kept saying is this is great bussiness for them in the off season and we support you.... I lived in front of one of my sponsors for next year for 3 days in Orange Beach....you have to show sponsors what you can do for them while your already there...and show them what your doing with your current sponsor..free boat rides free t-shirts...visit disable children...give something back to there community and they will support you...
So with a $17,000 budget...you can cover your entry fees gas food and hotels....and still pocket some money...then some of you will say what about maintenance...call a local marine company to sponsor your oil and plugs for a year.....if you come up with expenses...you will see you can find someone to sponsor it..if its done right..
For F1- I would have know problem with alittle different prize pay out based on boat turn out...
Example: 8 boat pays 1-4, 10 boats pays 1-5, 12 pays 1-6...the more boats that turn out the top 3 teams are still getting more money then now...the differnce is the teams that normal get nothing are now covering some of there expenses....it also makes for better racing...if you only have 3 to 4 boats always turning out even if the team thats always winning brakes..there still in front because they only fall back apr. 30 points....when if ther are 12 boats and the top boat breaks it makes a big difference in the standings...and keeps more boats in the hunt...
Some people say its not about the money but I think we would have alot more teams IF it becomes financaly affordable..I know of 2 F1 teams that did'nt make it to the Worlds because of money.....
You also don't have to win any prize money to pay for your expenses...it just puts more money in you pocket.
If you have any negitive responses to this..please post them back..I would like to see what they are.....
Just some thought......

Last edited by Manatee; 11-24-2003 at 04:07 PM.

Old 11-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great info.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This post just goes to show that Gino is on top of the game on and off the water! Believe me Gino I am taking notes
Old 11-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Registered

Hummmmmm???HOUSE#1 BOAT#2 wife gotta go ,
Old 11-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Registered

You can even get free champaigne at strip clubs

Seriously Gino, Nice job all around this year, once you and Mark tasted victory you guys were unstoppable
Old 11-24-2003, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Job Gino....and your 100% right. Thanks for the info. Augie
Old 11-24-2003, 08:10 PM
Registered

Great ideas Gino - no one should be discounted as a potential sponsor, even if it is something as small as comp'ed meals, uniforms, hotels for one race, or anything else in between.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Thanks for the info. Gino!!

I've added it to all the great responses I got when I asked about start-up and full season costs.

I am still actively pursuing the idea of starting/joining a team for next season. Many people gave me options and ideas and I'm in the process of following up with everyone.

I will keep you all posted on my pursuit of this endeavour.

Greg Harris
Old 11-25-2003, 08:21 AM
Registered

Talking

Thanks Gino,

Congrads to you and Mark on you win and I hope you are feeling better!!

That is information I was given in OB and started to pursue aggresively. I am looking to get on a race team next year. Thank you for the advise and I thank everyone who gave me the same advice and help in the past.

Greg, good luck next year to you. Good luck to everyone racing next year also!

If anyone has any more ideas or comments feel free to give me a ring.

Jen Youngblood
Cell (262) 719-4524
Work (262) 522-1226
Old 11-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Manatee: Smart guy!! Thanks for a great year.
Are you out of traction?

Quick Reply: Make Money Racing On The APBA Pro-Series

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.