All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Notices

All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Old 12-20-2003, 01:01 PM
BJM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gino

I did'nt mean to say you did'nt do anything, Your coming across a little defensive. This was just my oppinion on what could be done to get F-1 back. You guys had an awesome year and I'm not taking anything away from that.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Gino
I agree..its a bytch to ask a guy who just shelled out the bucks for a 525 to turn around and dump it. I would sure scream like hell! Its as much of a bytch to ask everyone else to pony up 35K to upgrade engine/drive package. Thats why the discussion for so long...no one can agree, and thats why F1 is gonna be so small again next year. The racers arent to blame, its just the rules got out of hand and now is payback time. I dont belive the 500 conversion story, and untill I see the real dyno sheets so I can compare the 2 side by side all thru the rpm range, no one can tell me different. What I think may happen is some may go that route, and when they cant keep up, its back to square 1. And more pissed off racers.
It needs to be an affordable 1+1+1 for things to ever get back on track in F1. otherwise this discussion will go on forever and the boat count will stay low.
again just my .02

Dan
Old 12-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Registered

BJ,
don't get me wrong I'm not jumping down you throat.....All that I was trying to say is I agree on the speeds....and then just giving you some input whats been going on with everything this year....thats all..and I'm serious about you should be with Mark in that boat... all they guys that know that I'm looking for another team are saying why and I was just explainning because I'm sure you would have said why also.....so don't take me wrong on my response.....I just want the class to be competitive....and I will run in what ever boat....I'm just tired that we all can't agree and we won't race the rules at hand or something.....

Dan,
I have know problem with the 1+1+1....but if we all can't agree on it.....we have to do something....it may not be fair and LLC said they screwed up but what know .....we don't race because we can't agree....their are 8 teams that will race now with the current rules and that dose not count Allen because I have not heard him say he will race the new rules....and their are a few others that are waiting for the new schudule....are we going to get our 15 boats for 2004 it dos'nt look that way but it dose look like we will have 30% more then last year....and I think thats a good start....with still more work to do......
Old 12-20-2003, 01:31 PM
BJM
Registered

Have a good holiday Gino! I'm sure we'll be hunting down some hole at a race site in the near future
Old 12-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Registered

gino, At our GLSCS meeting last week, Angelo Buffamonte and I talked about F1 with Andy Bloom, the new chairmen. Andy had talked to the guys at lake X and they said it would be possible to detune the 525 in the computer. This would bring their hp down in line the the 500's at a reasonable cost. If mercury wouldn't do it we could have someone like Tyler Crockett do it. It would be a plug and play so competition would be equal at our series and the only change would be the computer and propping of course. Does something like this make any sense on the national series to get speeds down and everyone racing together again? Mike Sadlon
Old 12-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Registered

Oh Gino, don't be getting rid of that fountain yet, Dave and I may need IT. Mike
Old 12-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Registered

Mike,
Thanks....I heard the GLSCS were going to to allow the 525's run with the 500's with some adjustments....that sounds like a option....I don't even know if the pro series guys even talked about it......I will pass it on to see if the 525 guys are up to it..thank you for the info...I'm going to try to make it up to the next meeting in Cleveland in Jan....ad I'm sure the GLSCS will be great to run again in 2004......
Gino
Old 12-20-2003, 02:19 PM
Registered

BJ,
Happy holidys......talk to you soon
The " hole"
Old 12-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

BJM:

Your insight and comments are exactly what this sport needs. Very diplomatic and you are so right with your statements. I really admire the way you carry yourself and your professionalism. No *****ing or whining , my hat's off to you! BH
Old 12-20-2003, 06:27 PM
BJM
Registered

Brian
I'm sick as a dog and a miserable son of a ***** right now, you just made me feel alot better.Thanks! Happy Holidays to you and JOKER powerboats!

Quick Reply: All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.