Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   New race boat is here!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/72671-new-race-boat-here.html)

outer42 02-28-2004 08:38 AM

i'm relieved ,NOT! we know you didn't get laid on Thursday and in a bad mood. I'll send a professional over for you if that help's!!

Q-BALL I HAVE A PAIR OF 900 BLOWER MOTORS FOR SALE CHEAP, ONE IN THE BOAT AND A SPARE,BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO RUN AGAINST wazzzzzzzup!!!!! you can run them from 650 on up too!!

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-29-2004 01:40 PM

Randy,

Thank You for that back up post for me. You are absolutely correct.

DPT
:cool: :cool: :cool:

BRUCE SEROFF 02-29-2004 02:27 PM

Hey Dennis...no disrespect intended..But

whats happening with the SOBs??? How many boats are going to be ready for opening day?

I dont think they have to worry about being scared away. they are running against each other, either in P5 or SOB class. Arent they?

Randy...great phrase. "Wide open or Why bother"

Its got a ring to it

THEJOKER 03-01-2004 08:26 AM

The last Phantom I raced with a 650 hp engine in it was a P2 Boat. BH

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-01-2004 01:09 PM

Bruce,

No disrespect at all buddy. I am just looking out for the SOB's. Myself and Sharkey put way to much time into this to have something hurt it in a negative manner. Myself and others may realize that it may be a joke but others may not. I have already been approached by this post on here. Remember that people interested in racing can be scared away by the most smallest of things. Just look at the history of the sport if you do not believe that. I wish everyone the best and never meant harm by my posts on here. I just want to see things being done for the right of the sport/classes. SOB will be happening this year and a few teams are being put together. Some new some old. I think this will be a building year for the class and I want to see it build into something great.

Again no disrspect to anyone of you.

DPT
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Qball 03-01-2004 02:58 PM

Brian, are you tired? With all due respect....you must have no idea about this boat. After speaking with the former owners, Will Smith and Eddie Smith they all agree that I would be lucky if the boat hit very low 80's with 650 hp. Keep in mind.... I am about 500lbs heavier than the normal phantom and I will be running a #5....... Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Phantom1 03-01-2004 03:23 PM

Originally posted by Qball
Brian, are you tired? With all due respect....you must have no idea about this boat. After speaking with the former owners, Will Smith and Eddie Smith they all agree that I would be lucky if the boat hit very low 80's with 650 hp. Keep in mind.... I am about 500lbs heavier than the normal phantom and I will be running a #5....... Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.
Q- Been there......heavier than normal Phantom (Equalizer) with a #5. We never had much of a chance against the lighter Bravo equipped Phantoms and Extremes. I think you have made a wise decision personally.

You will have a blast with that boat.......blueprint the bottom and experiment with the cg and you might be able to pick up a few more mph than you think.

THEJOKER 03-02-2004 07:50 AM

Qball:

Are you running P5 or P4 with the Phantom? I hope it is atleast P4. Running a canopied boat in P5 would certainly be a first. BH

outer42 03-02-2004 09:06 AM

read back brian,he was bustin. we know you southerners ride the little bus.