Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   Viewing areas-Sarasota (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/82052-viewing-areas-sarasota.html)

gdfatha 06-25-2004 08:57 AM

Viewing areas-Sarasota

Excluding being on a boat:

where is the recommended viewing area to watch the races??

Siesta Keys Beach has been suggested, Is there any cover/shade areas there so you don't have to be in the sun all day??

Are there watering holes with a good view?? (of boats) :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance....

OH...Since the 26-27 August races have been cancelled is it suggested that I cancel my August reservations for Sarasota or is there a possibility of another race there that weekend.??? :(

cuda 06-25-2004 09:14 AM

Re: Viewing areas-Sarasota

3 Attachment(s)
That's the worst thing about Sarasota. The parking is definetly at a premium there. Last year, we had to park almost two miles away and walk to the beach. The second day, I couldn't walk back from the blisters on my heels. I made Debbie get the truck and come pick me up. It sucked.

They need to have some remote parking with shuttles running. I heard this may be coming true.

Other than that, it was a great place to watch the races.

Phantom1 06-25-2004 09:16 AM

I am going to watch from my hotel room on Lido Beach. The pool overlooks the course if I feel like a dip (no wise cracks :rolleyes: ), air conditioning in the room, and a big balcony overlooking the course. Oh yeah, and a clean bathroom and a big ass cooler of beer.

Parking is usually tough in that area, but fellow OSOer's are welcome to watch the races from my balcony. E-mail me if interested-

Phantom1 06-25-2004 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shane B
Bert comeing over to wach with you now that he knows were youll be :D :D

Uh..... yeah.....how does the commercial go "we'll leave the light on" for him.

Phantom1 06-25-2004 10:17 PM

My last race was Sarasota 2001 and this will be the first race that I have attended since. I am surprised at how much I am looking forward to it. Gonna be fun- :drink:

Dirty Race Girl 06-27-2004 05:57 PM

cuda, we had to drive around for an hour before we could park. Gdfatha, they do have umbrella rentals on the beach, but with it being 4th of July weekend AND a race going on, they might be hard to come by.

Where is it your staying again Phantom? ;) Front light or back light on?

Phantom1 06-27-2004 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty Race Girl
cuda, we had to drive around for an hour before we could park. Gdfatha, they do have umbrella rentals on the beach, but with it being 4th of July weekend AND a race going on, they might be hard to come by.

Where is it your staying again Phantom? ;) Front light or back light on?

So far, we have a good crew coming. Send me an e-mail and I'll tell you more.

Phantom1 06-28-2004 12:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
1.) Lido Key and St Armonds Circle
2.) Van Wezel - Dry pits and ramp.