Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats. >

One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.

Notices

One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.

We have been working on a set of rules for One Design for the past year that will make it easier for someone to own a raceboat and know the rules will be solid for 3 to 5 years.

Here is what we are looking at:

Increased engine HP to 375 mark where the five Mercury 377 Scorpion batboats are, producing a class in the 85 mph range.

Allow another carb engine option to keep the price lower for those who would like to buy a boat and do their own rigging.

A set X-dimension rule for each Drive option.

A hull homiligation Check and engine Spec/Dyno Check once a year or if someone protests a boat.

All other rules set as a "Stock" class set of rules, set for 3 year minimum.

Our website is down, making many changes and will be up in about 3 weeks with all the new information. We have commitments from 3 of the privately owned boats and 2 of our 7 boats here have deposits on them to be sold after the season. That will be 6 boats per race plus our 5 lease boats, and we would like to build some more in the offseason if we could. Our goal is to have the class built to 15 boats by the time the European boats come over for a Unified World Championship.

Any other Ideas?

Chris Reindl
513.706-3199
Attached Thumbnails One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.-ob-air-shot-purpleen.jpg   One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.-orange-beach-group-shot.jpg   One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.-batboat-battle-top-view.jpg  

Old 09-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Registered

Default Re: One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.

Chris,
This looks good to me, I think flexability is the key.

I would be happy to pull the engine and have it dyno'd at a west coast facility to ensure competitive racing.

Let me do an X-dim measurement and get back to you on what I would have to run to be competitive in an over 80 class. I suspect you are talking a minimum x, we could go deeper if desired.

We need to sell a couple on the west coast so I have someone to race against.

Thanks,
Rick

btw. are you looking to have this out before the worlds so we can all race together?
Attached Thumbnails One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.-2004-b2b-photo.jpg  
Old 09-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Registered

Default Re: One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.

I should have your X-dim on file here. I have never been as excited at the potential of 10 plus boats running out there at the same time. I think it will also leave so much potential and fun for the lease program as well.

Thanks for all your help Rick.

Terrah Lee

Last edited by Cincinnati Race; 09-16-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Sounds like a good plan Chris! Good luck with it...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Registered

The most fun i've ever had was racing one of Reindl's Bat Boats...

Especially being out in front!

There's no feeling like it!

Blake
Old 09-15-2004, 08:50 PM
wil ros

Blake,
I did not know you visit these boards.We hope you are the starter for Pennsacola.You did a great job last time,or was it Brock?Just kidding.Say hello to your mom,dad and brother,you guys are great.

Wil

Old 09-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Registered

Blake,

Glad to hear from you. You guys were great in the boats, hopefully we will see a rematch in the new boats some day. See you guys at one of the races soon!

Terrah
Old 09-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Registered

I'm more of a browser on OSO... I just read what you all write about.

But It's always fun starting your guys' class. And so far so good... nobody's pissed off at any of my starts so far.

Terrah, just got off the phone with chris... sounds like you guys have a great thing going on with the bat boats. I hope everyone catches on to it so you guys can have a huge class. And I look forward to seeing you guys at the next race, we definitely need to hang out... hopefully it'll be down in Key West.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

sounds great Chris. you know you can count on me for what ever i can do to help out.

Rick- i picked up a new duct mold from chris when i was there last week. i'll get those out soon as i can. sorry for delay.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Mark,

We are trying to sell as many boats as possible in order to build as many new boats as possible. So far we have committed to building 3 new boats for 2005, added to the 3 privately owned and 7 boats we have in stock, would bring the class total to 13. Six privately owned and 7 lease boats. We would like to get the class to a 80-20 ratio, with mostly owned boats. It makes it easier to sell a lease when the guy knows he is going to be racing against 10 other boats.

We are also going to concentrate on having the lease customers in with one of our experienced racers for their first season.

Chris Reindl

Quick Reply: One Design Class taking on a new look to welcome privately owned boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.