any body runing super v lite and were >

any body runing super v lite and were

Notices

any body runing super v lite and were

Old 12-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: any body runing super v lite and were

Yes Mark it was voted on and passed by a 5-1 vote. Nothing fishy going on in our class. Why is it odd to think we want to have 1 motor in every boat in SVL? It makes it very simple and fair for all the racers. I also think Merc is going to step up and announce a contingency plan. Vortec has not offered to help in any way shape or form. Why is this so hard to swallow?
I also think OSS boats had more Vortec power this year than any other body. With no way to police the motors in OSS why would we want them?
MD
Old 12-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there any agreement with mercury that they will not replace the 525 within a certain time period?in my opinion it was them who destroyed the f1 and 2 class by changing the motor configuration every couple of years.there should be an agreement in place to prevent this from happening again.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good point............

Frank
"Koolhand"
Old 12-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Registered

NO. The package is solid now. It will change in some time but who knows when.
MD
Old 12-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Registered

Mark M., If you were building a SVL boat for lets say APBA what power would you put in it? And would you buy it or lease it if it was a Vortec? You make it sound like its a bad move in OSS to use one motor on a small class thats growing. And 1 no vote sounds to me like thats what everybody wants in OSS. First you better build or buy a SVL before you worry your little heart out.
MD
Old 12-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Registered

Shame, you missed the point on Super Cat. The point was 2-3 different manufactures fighting to make the best power plant. It only leades to someone going beond the point or miss interpreting the rules as I would like to think. Who needs the extra policing? Are you saying APBA should have a Viper V-10,Vortec HP3,Voertec HP4,Merc 500 efi,Merc 525,Volvo 550 and some more in SVL class? Is that your idea of equal racing? You dont think someone wants to be # 1 in the motor department. Why not let Ford in as well. As for home work I have been racing for 5 years in what I believe was the best class in offshore history. And that would be APBA Factory one. We had the best group of teams,friends,competition and equal racing anyone could ask for. Paul Abrue kept the inspections tight and fair. Mike A. had the vision before his time. It may never be better than that for a while. Luckily for Typhoon we were part of it at its hight. We have competed in 85 races in 6 years so we have put in our dues with ALL the body's. You have raced 5-8 races in your life and your going to tell me whats right. Spend the time and money we have and then tell me!!!
MD
Old 12-13-2004, 08:26 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Randy!!!! Mark Mathews if I am correct you ran in a 30' Phantom in P3 right or am I mistaken? If I am right why not take out the motor you have in there now bolt in a HP3 or 525 and really show Randy and the rest what you got. I have known Randy pretty well for quite a few years. He probably has more seat time in a race boat then you have on a toilet and what I think what he is basically saying is "PUT UP OR SHUT UP".
Old 12-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Registered

Mark time is running out, get your butt in a seat and lets see what you got. So far a big mouth with no action. Yes if it was a spelling bee you would be king but its not. Man up,sit down and hang on for the ride of your life. Best case for you will be if you don't **** in your pants on the parade lap!
MD
Old 12-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Registered

Well Shame get your head out of it already. Your a world Champion. Back it up and beat someone this time.
MD
Old 12-13-2004, 08:38 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I resent the Drunk Irishman quote from you. If you had partied with me and gotten drunk with fine but until then "CHUNKS" will do. Besides I was not upt o par with my partying this year in Key West, while I still had a great time I have had some pretty bad drunken episodes down there. I have been taking it easy with the drinking lately but that hasn't helped to take the ANGER away. LOL!!!! Sorry for the mistake, I thought you were one of the guys in there. Are they planning to make the switch to SVL or stay where they are at. That would be a great boat for that class as well.
Attached Thumbnails any body runing super v lite and were-cigwantedkw3.jpg  

Quick Reply: any body runing super v lite and were

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.