any body runing super v lite and were >

any body runing super v lite and were

Notices

any body runing super v lite and were

Old 12-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: any body runing super v lite and were

Corey, I guess you never got your answer on roll call for SVL, we had a great time racing against each other this year. Is Richard going to be in the boat with you ???.. Good luck next year in your class, you guys really are a class act....... Albert, Miami Boys Racing.......
Old 12-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bruce,
I don't think you had to own a GM truck to qualify until the last couple of years, but I'm not positive about that. I do know that GM Vortec also payed out money for things like most hours on the motor, top 3 finishes at each race, high points, and other stuff. If we had any problem at a race, there were at least two GM Vortec engineers or reps in your boat. They also had some fun stuff such as great parties, incredible food, and we enjoyed a little extra TV at times thanks to GM Vortec. In other words, there were alot of "perks" that came with GM Vortec. Whether you call it sucking up, or just good old fashioned customer appreciation, it made us feel a lot better about wearing their logo on our race uniforms, displaying their logo on our boats, and mentioning their name in public, on TV, or at the lake.
Actually, I applaud Mercury Racing for stepping up and offering "loyalty" money to the teams. It's never too late to take care of your customers. Also, I have a high degree of respect for the guys on the Mercury Racing Trailer and at Lake X, (or whatever it is). I have nothing personal against them at all. But when almost all of the Factory teams asked the top brass for "a little something for the effort", the response from the top was, "We're not interested.
That was a slap that's hard to forget.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Gordo I remember it well at the meeting. I was willing to to drop the Merc. package as well if someone would come up with a better motor plan. No one ever did and we went another year with the same rules. Now I am out of F1 and am concerned that we dont make the same mistake again in SVL OSS. When I say Vortec has done nothing for SVL for us I should have said they did nothing for the OSS racers to help tec. there motors at our races. Yes they build a good product and did lease the motor to Wild Ride but had no contingency money or financial plan to help the racers in the 04 season. Mercs offer was buy a motor at OEM pricing and get $8000 back in cash at the end of the year. That mean your net cost on a 525 motor was $16,000. And they were at every race with parts and service. Thats hard to beat that offer when there were NO OTHER OFFERS from Vortec. My suggestion would be if Vortec is interested they should put together there best package and offer it for the 06 season. The 05 season has already been voted on and some teams have already ordered the Merc. package based on our vote.
MD
Old 12-14-2004, 08:24 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gordo,

Just for clarification on the Vortec deal you did have to purchase a GM manufactured truck with in the season that you were leasing the motor from GM/CRE. Fast Eddie had to purchase a GM vehicle in order for him to run the motor. I know you got it at a very nicely discounted price but you still had to buy the vehicle. Whether or not that still exists I do not know. Hope that helps. Again I do not know all the details of the agreement. I am sure you remember the nice new GMC Box Van Eddie had last season.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:25 PM
wil ros

Cory,
We will be running our boat next year in VL.Guys,please stop the personal attacks.We,as racers,just want to be as fair as possible with the rules.If you are interested in the OSS rules for the class just call one of our class reps and I am sure they will answer any questions you may have.Anybody can PM me and I will gladly give you their #'s

Wil

Old 12-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wil ros
Guys,please stop the personal attacks.We,as racers,just want to be as fair as possible with the rules.If you are interested in the OSS rules for the class just call one of our class reps and I am sure they will answer any questions you may have.
Wil
Wil is right... Feel free to contact me and I will try to answer any and all of your questions.

Ben Hedrick
OSS VL Board Rep
Cell: 352-516-1026

Thanks, Ben
Old 12-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Ben,

Can you be a rep for a class you won't be in?
Yep.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cory,
Keep me up todate on how the boat is coming,if you need anything give me a call and I'd be happy to help.

Frank
"koolhand"
Old 01-23-2005, 04:38 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been hearing some talk of some new guys coming into play this year????. Also heard of a few that will not be racing in this class as well????. Lets get a total of all the SVL for this year that will be on one of the many race courses.