Welcome Back Weekend Poker Run @ CYC >

Welcome Back Weekend Poker Run @ CYC

Notices

Welcome Back Weekend Poker Run @ CYC

Old 03-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man that sucks sorry to here about that glad everyones okay.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was fortunate, no injuries to anyone. Frayed nerves don't count I guess. I called a friend and got towed in okay. In that chop on the main lake it was scarry mary lashing the line to the bow cleat.

I am waiting to hear back from the insurance company, busted drive, busted gimbal, busted transom, and just for fun... busted drive coupler. It should be ready to go in about 2/3 weeks.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Damn..
Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, we made the pass through there! Thats rough! sorry to hear about this.. did you tear the bellows?? did it take on any water?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
I was fortunate, no injuries to anyone. Frayed nerves don't count I guess. I called a friend and got towed in okay. In that chop on the main lake it was scarry mary lashing the line to the bow cleat.

I am waiting to hear back from the insurance company, busted drive, busted gimbal, busted transom, and just for fun... busted drive coupler. It should be ready to go in about 2/3 weeks.

Damn dude I'm glad you're alright!! That could have been a serious disaster in a cooold lake. I guess the bright side is you have a little time to fix it before the real season starts.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Oh yeah, she took on water. A small tear in in the bellows and the bilge pumped a full stream. The pump kept up and the water only got about 6-8 inches deep in the bilge.

Kinda freaky when it happens in 40 degree water.

I would like to see GRDA Lake patrol be in charge with the removal of dangerous debris/logs like this. My understanding is they don't do anything even if a large piece of debris/log is reported.

Two estimates for parts and labor are both in the 20K range. After reviewing them I noticed that the parts were outrageous for a Bravo I. The marina and independent mechanic are looking to buy from Mercury directly. I checked with BAM Marine and for the same exact parts(new) BAM's price is almost half. Whats up with this?

Thanks for everyones concerns, it's all working out and I hope to be on the water by early April.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy ripped off a Bravo 3 on a sea ray 290 sundeck 3 years ago and it WAS covered by insurance and it cost 18K just for the drive and 7500 for glass work. His was ripped off totally and they had knee deep water in the cockpit area. They almost sank. Put the boat on the lift and drive was hanging on by one cable and dangling. They hit a railroad tie at 55mph. two boats had to tow him in almost on plane to keep from sinking. Boat had 6 peeps on it and they freaked.
Glad you guys were OK. GRDA doesnt care about logs. They would rather buy copters to chase the fast boats
Old 03-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am a grand lake merc dealer. if you want the parts for DIY i will sell them at cost plus ship. 918-257-5300 scott. glad you are OK.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered

I might get ahold of you for this one. I have the boat at Stretch-Dan Theys shop. He is lined up to do the work but we might be looking for a way to get the parts for the best price. Looking at the estimates for parts I noticed that the same parts from BAM was 1/3 less than what was quoted on the price estimates.

Thanks for the offer.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr.boat
i am a grand lake merc dealer. if you want the parts for DIY i will sell them at cost plus ship. 918-257-5300 scott. glad you are OK.
big thumbs up, this is why I love Grand Lake. Everyone looks out for everyone else. Try seein this same post on Havasu...

Quick Reply: Welcome Back Weekend Poker Run @ CYC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.