Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Grand Lake/LOTO/E-Dock
25 Daytona to small for GLOC & LOTO Poker Runs?? >

25 Daytona to small for GLOC & LOTO Poker Runs??

Notices

25 Daytona to small for GLOC & LOTO Poker Runs??

Old 06-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 Daytona to small for GLOC & LOTO Poker Runs??

We want to pull our boat to a few more poker runs this year (outside of Eufaula). Would GLOC & LOTO be to big for our boat???
Old 06-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Registered

I run a 24 Superboat and there are days it is definitely too small on GLOC. For last year's poker run on GLOC, it wasn't too small, and for the the fun run on the shootout weekend at LOTO last year I didn't have any problem. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. I guess that isn't much of an answer, but it all depends on the day. This past Saturday was big water at GLOC and I could hardly run. Just ask Seadated and Masher. I'm sure they were laughing as they went by in the Cafe!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered

If it's a matter of chance...we'll be there. Isn't the Shootout the last weekend in Aug.??
Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

You can always run, you just may not be able to go as fast depending upon the water conditions. Both lakes can get pretty nasty for a 25 or so foot boat that wants to go fast but as long as you are willing to slow it down and get a little wet you will be fine
Old 06-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
You can always run, you just may not be able to go as fast depending upon the water conditions. Both lakes can get pretty nasty for a 25 or so foot boat that wants to go fast but as long as you are willing to slow it down and get a little wet you will be fine

So it would probably be fine if it was 2 of us in the front & no one in the back.?.?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think youll be fine no matter what. You may not be able to run WOT very much but its not like we have small craft advisory. Its mostly just washing machine water. Born and raised on this lake and never had anything over 26' until a couple years ago.. The roughest part of the lake is the mouth of duck creek but its only 1/4 to 1/2 mile area. The rest of the lake should be fine..I like it when we get a good windy day and get some chop, it seems to me like it cuts the washing machine effect down considerably..

Half the boats at Dripping Springs are ski boats, mastercrafts, pontoons and bassboats.

But dont compare a safe boat ride to ANYTHING you see a guy in a bassboat do. Those mofo's are BAWLSY!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Registered

your boat is sweet. watch the water ahead. hammer down. OVER.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

What he said.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
This past Saturday was big water at GLOC and I could hardly run. Just ask Seadated and Masher. I'm sure they were laughing as they went by in the Cafe!
That was a great run across the lake. You got the jump on me but that was Cig water and the Cafe' just ate it up. Sometimes there is an advantage to a big heavy tub.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
That was a great run across the lake. You got the jump on me but that was Cig water and the Cafe' just ate it up. Sometimes there is an advantage to a big heavy tub.
I took this pic of Jayhawk that day as we passed him
Attached Thumbnails 25 Daytona to small for GLOC & LOTO Poker Runs??-bustersquatvariation1a.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.