Notices

AYC drops Formula

Old 09-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down AYC drops Formula

From my email:

In the wake of our recent success as being named the "#1 COBALT BOAT DEALER IN THE WORLD", it will soon be announced that Arrowhead Boat Sales and Formula Boats are parting ways. This may come as a shock to some of you, but as the business climate has changed, Arrowheads and Formulas business model has gone different directions as well. The sales team has really turned their focus to our other boat lines these last few years and we will continue to lean on these great companies to carry us through the years ahead. The Arrowhead team has had a good run with Formula boats over the last 30+ years; we have gained many wonderful lifelong customers and friends along the way, and we are not going to abandon any of them. Arrowhead will continue to service each and every boat that we have sold and warranty every new Formula we sold as well. Formula Boats will soon announce that Grand Lake Boat Sales at HiLift Marina will be the new dealer. They have wished us well with our future business and we have wished them the same. Transitions are never easy, but this move puts us in a better position to be more successful in the long run.

Anyone know any other details or care to elaborate on this... makes me want to possibly rethink my plans to buy a new Formula for 2011...???
Old 09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi-Lift sells Tige and Rinker and has been in Drowning Creek for over 60 years. I know the ownership changed in 1998 and since then they appear to be doing okay. They have added several manufacturer lines and the addition of Formula would appear a normal succession especially with how Arrowhead sales staff tries to push the Cobalt boats on everyone. I went in to look a a smaller Formula (24') and they kept trying to show me the Cobalt instead of what I went in to see. I know there is a price difference but I went in to look at a Formula not a Cobalt.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What is AH going to sell when people want a midsize cruiser? I don't think Cobalt has anything other than the overpriced 37' "Yacht".

Last edited by Sea-Dated; 09-22-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My personally opinion is Formula has slowly moved away from what they used to be.
They always had plenty of smaller models , (16,17,18,21,23,etc)
of plenty of sportboats with the rest being cruisers.
Now the smallest they have is a 24 bowrider znd a 24 sun sport niether of which can be remotely called sporty.
Smallest sport boat is a 292 and the mainly push the big cruisers and SS cruiser models which cost all the way up to 3/4 of a mill.
With money tight and many looking to downsize I imagine Formula is not a preffered boat to sell right now as compared to other more mainstream production boats.
Even Cobalt for example makes boats as small as 20ft.
Just my thoughts,may be way off base..

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 09-22-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
My personally opinion is Formula has slowly moved away from what they used to be.
They always had plenty of smaller models , (16,17,18,21,23,etc)
of plenty of sportboats with the rest being cruisers.
Now the smallest they have is a 24 bowrider znd a 24 sun sport niether of which can be remotely called sporty.
Smallest sport boat is a 292 and the mainly push the big cruisers and SS cruiser models which cost all the way up to 3/4 of a mill.
With money tight and many looking to downsize I imagine Formula is not a preffered boat to sell right now as compared to other more mainstream production boats.
Even Cobalt for example makes boats as small as 20ft.
Just my thoughts,may be way off base..
Good points... something I didn't really consider..

IMO I think Cobalt & Formula are WAY over priced. I don't know where half of the people on the lake come up with 100k for a bowrider.

I just always felt like I was doing the right thing by sticking with Formula since they were supported by one of the biggest dealers on the lake. I guess I may have to re-think that now... although Formulas are still by far my favorite boat out there... aside from their pricing
Old 09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberts
I don't know where half of the people on the lake come up with 100k for a bowrider.

Up until two years ago they did it by financing their life away..
I remember Formula doing 0 Down 0% intrest for a while.
Same boats you see sitting in repo lots today..
Nevermind the insurance and fuel costs that stack up afterwards as well
and the 40-50k SUV / Truck to pull it which was also fiananced to the hilt.
Since tthe free ride is over and people are now limited to buying stuff they can actually afford it makes buyers look for smaller models (less cost/less insurance/less fuel/less truck)and a lot of companies have shot themselves in the foot by getting rid of the smaller/cheaper boats.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 09-22-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mroberts
Good points... something I didn't really consider..

IMO I think Cobalt & Formula are WAY over priced. I don't know where half of the people on the lake come up with 100k for a bowrider.

I just always felt like I was doing the right thing by sticking with Formula since they were supported by one of the biggest dealers on the lake. I guess I may have to re-think that now... although Formulas are still by far my favorite boat out there... aside from their pricing
Unless you actually planned on purchasing a Formula from Arrowhead, I wouldn't see the need to re-think anything. As a Formula owner that purchased my boat from a different lake, it has been very difficult to ever get any parts or service from Arrowhead or let alone even get anyone to call even me back. I'm actually encouraged about the switch to Hi-Lift, as I have heard nice things about their operation.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GrandLake353
As a Formula owner that purchased my boat from a different lake, it has been very difficult to ever get any parts or service from Arrowhead or let alone even get anyone to call even me back.
As someone with 2 boats at AH, neither one bought there, we have the same problems.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The last time I had a problem on the Lake and called Hi-Lift they were very helpful and called back as promised. Unfortunately it was a Saturday and they had both service guys on dock calls at that time. Should have called earlier!! They did get me the information I needed so I ended up fixing it myself.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

The salesman Kevin is a good guy. AS far as Salesmen go lol
Good for them to score Formula.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.