coastal marine/ port clinton poker run >

coastal marine/ port clinton poker run

Notices

coastal marine/ port clinton poker run

Old 08-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coastal marine/ port clinton poker run

Is anybody from LEOPA going to this run? I joined LEOPA late last summer just so I could do the fall poker run (Which we had a blast with you guys!) I'm trailering down Friday morning. Was hoping to see some familar boats if not faces !
Seems very reasonable, $350 for boat and 4 people !
Mike
Attached Thumbnails coastal marine/ port clinton poker run-380-running4.jpg   coastal marine/ port clinton poker run-380-running1.jpg   coastal marine/ port clinton poker run-380-running3.jpg  

Old 08-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: coastal marine/ port clinton poker run

Have not heard if many LEOPA folks are going, This weekend is the last AYC regatta at Bayview Yacht Club located in the Maumee river in Toledo.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kaama82
Have not heard if many LEOPA folks are going, This weekend is the last AYC regatta at Bayview Yacht Club located in the Maumee river in Toledo.
we just joined the Monroe Boat Club, but their regatta was on the same weekend at the chicago poke run so we missed it. I sort of wondered what the lake part of the regatta is all about, is it sail boats, a parade or what. Are there many performance boats there? How does LEOPA figure into to these boat club regattas, do they go as their own group. Thanks
Old 08-19-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered

There really isn't any boating related to a regatta, other then boating to the regatta. usually at a regatta, once your there, your stuck, especially if it is a poker run. They call it a poker run, because there are 5 poker run regattas a season. If you are a AYC member, and you make all 5, then at the last regatta you get to draw 5 cards, and your power fleet captain will also request a poker run flag stateing that you made all 5 poker run regattas. I hope this clears up any confusion. Todd...
Old 08-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Registered

thanks, I always thought a Regatta meant you were with a fleet of boats in a parade or race type atmosphere. Is it because the clubs go together by boat in a group, do they decorate their boats. Anyway it sounds like an excuse to hang by the boat club drinking all weekend. Not that that is all bad, I just like a little more boating with my drinking (good thing I am not the driver)