Madison, Wi Boat Regatta >

Madison, Wi Boat Regatta

Notices

Madison, Wi Boat Regatta

Old 07-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Madison, Wi Boat Regatta

Just wanted to remind everyone that the Madison Boat Regatta/Poker run is in two weeks. Saturday, August 4th. Hope everyone in the area will attend. I have attached the days events and the waivers. Take a look. Hope to see you all there.

Ryan

Last edited by cloudmaster_321; 09-18-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which park is Marshall? and which one is tenny? Are the card stops at restaraunts or bars? How many people show? Its the first day of my vacation and I am considering stopping up. THan ks Greg
Old 07-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

HOLY CRAP!!!
This is too weird...toooo weird! I will be in Madison standing up in a wedding that afternoon...arriving on Friday for the rehersal and my wife was wondering what we were going to do on Saturday!
How big are the boats usually on the lake? Can the ramps accomodate a 35?
It would be too wild to get up and go boating for a couple hours before the wedding...but as a true boater, I guess I'll have to at least attempt to put it past the wife!
I'd need a place to keep the boat at night for sure...that'd be one big obstacle...

mike
Old 07-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Greg,
Tenny Park is by the locks, Marshall Park is on the west side of the lake. Warner Park is where we put in last time.

Mike, I would put in at Warner or Marshall Park. I've seen a 32 and a 35 put in at Warner before.

Steve
Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
HOLY CRAP!!!
This is too weird...toooo weird! I will be in Madison standing up in a wedding that afternoon...arriving on Friday for the rehersal and my wife was wondering what we were going to do on Saturday!
It would be too wild to get up and go boating for a couple hours before the wedding...but as a true boater, I guess I'll have to at least attempt to put it past the wife!
I'd need a place to keep the boat at night for sure...that'd be one big obstacle...

mike
I'm thinking of going up there for that run. I wanted to go last year but was unable to fit it in. I am trying to get things set to make it up there this year. I hear it is a blast. Let me know if you think your going to make it.

Rob
Old 07-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Registered

If you guys have some questions, give me a call. The madison lakes are my home turf.........

Marshall park is in Middleton, Wi. It is a very nice launch. Pretty much all the boats start there and launch there. Plenty of room for parking (grass overfill). Plenty of big enough launch for a 35. There were 2-3 boats over 30' last year. About 70 boats last year. All but maybe 5 were go fast boats. Good food, good band. Card stops are boats out in the middle of the lake at certain spots. We tie up for lunch, have a big open grill for burgers at lunch, the poker hands are dealt there. Usually head over to naughty gal around 5, you can either boat or put it back on the trailer and drive over. Like i said, give me a call if you have questions. I personally know Darrell, who runs the event, and i have attended the first and second. It is pretty much a round and round on one lake, but it still is a good time.

Ryan
608-712-4194-cell

btw, here is a link for some pictures of the last event and further info...

http://webpages.charter.net/madisonregatta/index.htm

Last edited by cloudmaster_321; 07-27-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
HOLY CRAP!!!

mike
I would imagine you could keep it at the hotel your staying at? Depending on what side of town you will be in madison here; I have a parking lot behind the hangar here at work you could keep it overnight, no one would mess with it. Otherwise, i might be able to get you a night indoors where i keep my boat.........only thing is you would have to get the boat out the same day i get mine since its locked. East side of madison too.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info...I'll talk to my wife, she gets back into town tomorrow.
mike
Old 07-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Registered

Damn wedding is at 3 in the afternoon....I can't tow the boat 8 hours 'round trip for a 1/2 day of boating! Maybe we'll swing by the launch ramp Saturday morning to meet some of you guys. On the up side, it's gonna be a hot one...good weather for the run!
mike
Old 07-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered

everyone should start showing up at marshall park with their rigs around 1030 am.

Quick Reply: Madison, Wi Boat Regatta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.