Grand Haven, MI exhaust... >

Grand Haven, MI exhaust...

Notices

Grand Haven, MI exhaust...

Old 05-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
When you guys are saying they're OK so far, are you guys running slightly louder than the legal limit and not being bothered? That would be my situation....
That's a good question! Could you guys define what "okay" means as it relates to your exhaust? Thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys... I got pulled over on Saturday night at dusk in Holland. I didn't have my light pole in and probably should have. (I actually thought the rear center white light was sufficient, but after checking the rules, that's only good if you're a sail boat).

I was running only one engine at the time in Lake Mac, and purposely left it running when they pulled up. I then shut it off and the 2 guys in the boat were big fans of the engines. They said they didn't see any issue with the little bit of noise I was making with my mufflers on. (I would have been at or slightly above the legal limit with both engines running.) They said there was no need to test it. So I am encouraged by the attitude of the police in Holland. They weren't out there to get me, just wanted to make sure I knew the rules. That's 2 guys of the many that would work that shift... but at least there isn't a bounty on us or something by everyone. I'm sure Grand Haven would have ended differently.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Was it the Ottowa County Sheriff, US Coast Guard, or Michigan DNR?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Registered

I waited till after the holiday to post to get a better idea. A few loud boats were running around and did not seem to get pulled over. Midnight's challenger passed the cops a few times in hanky and they never messed with him.

I had a nav light pop and was pulled over. They know the boat and I assumed they were gonna mess with me more but....they were very cool. They just said your front nav light is out, have a good night.

So far... I would say the priority is not loud exhaust this year. That could change though. If your boat is way loud I would expect to get pulled over.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kaama's wakes the dead!! He's busted.....
Old 05-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dyno
Kaama's wakes the dead!! He's busted.....
Hehe... yes, yes his does wake the dead... but he's smart enough to stay out of holland/GH. I wish I had the guts to run "mufflerless" - but I don't know if I'd like it either for more than a few times a year.

By the way, Ratickle - I got pulled over by Ottawa county sheriffs... and they were definitely good guys.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by dyno
Kaama's wakes the dead!!
How many times do I have to tell ya it's a Cream Puff!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I know the guys running the County boats in Holland and Saugatuk. They're pretty cool guys, at least my experience...... Last year was when I got harassed by the Coastee's in Holland on my 185 PowerPlay. I was detained for about 55 minutes with those guys. Man I WAS SO PISSED when I saw the way they rafted off to me. I had scratches all over the side of my hull. I spent about 3 1/2 hours color-sanding and buffing the Port side. Anywho, good to hear we are getting some respect again, although it would've been o'k if they popped Tibbs... ,JK
Nick
Old 05-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Hey Nick, what kind of power do you have in the powerplay...?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Jeff, hope you had good week. Yesterday we sea-trialed my friends new boat. He just picked up a REAL nice 357 Formula. The little Powerplay's currently has a 260 sitting in it, but will be recieving a 320 EFI motor that I have in the barn pretty soon here. How's the boat? Did you get it set-up how you like now?
Nick

Quick Reply: Grand Haven, MI exhaust...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.