Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes and Canada (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada-219/)
-   -   Heilicopter Pics-RIPOFF (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada/169538-heilicopter-pics-ripoff.html)

Shenk1172 09-24-2007 04:11 PM

Heilicopter Pics-RIPOFF

I ordered a helicopter pic of my boat that was taken earlier this summer on Lake St. Clair. I'm not going to name any specific company, but i received a poster size picture that they wanted $750.00 for. I obviously sent it back. Beware of this, who would pay $750 for a picture? Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Pure Energy 09-24-2007 05:34 PM

Well, you should have held onto it. You would have had them over a barrel. If you don't buy it who will....nobody. So you offer them half what there asking, or any amount for that matter. To them something is better than nothing.

senzaspectre 10-01-2007 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Shenk1172 (Post 2282853)
I ordered a helicopter pic of my boat that was taken earlier this summer on Lake St. Clair. I'm not going to name any specific company, but i received a poster size picture that they wanted $750.00 for. I obviously sent it back. Beware of this, who would pay $750 for a picture? Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Where else can you get a aerial pic of your boat running??????

uh nowhere.

HTRDLNCN 10-01-2007 12:07 PM

Its all relative,
for someone like me that paid less than 10k between boat+trailer+truck its an insane amount of money.
for someone who paid/borrowed 150k or more for boat+trailer+truck its chump change..
If they are charging that much and are still in business someone must be paying that much.

quarter's law 10-10-2007 08:00 PM

i bought them and though they were worth it

US1 Fountain 10-10-2007 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by senzaspectre (Post 2290664)
Where else can you get a aerial pic of your boat running??????

uh nowhere.

We hooked up with a guy this past weekend that has a plane that lands on water and does shoots on occasions in his spare time. He's a private jet pilot full time. He's been on our lake every weekend for the last 3 yrs. Anyways 4 of us went out and ran and he took over 100 pics. In return, we 4 also ended up with near 100 photos of him. We all had a blast. A couple shots of him from my boat, and a couple he took and emailed me today. His are small files for email, so small pics. I'll be getting all the full size pics on CD next weekend.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 10-10-2007 09:21 PM

I was on the ground the whole weekend in St Clair.

I couldn't justify getting a chopper for a calm water race.

I sure hope that poster was at least 4 feet x 6 feet ! :eek:

sleepy_pirate 10-13-2007 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got the same guy to take some shhots of me. The one good pic eas all scratched up so before I sent them back, I took a quick scan of them. I sent them a letter telling them I wanted the one pic if they could reprint it withought the scrathches and ads of yet no new pic. Glad i scanned them..

Back4More 01-12-2008 10:09 PM

Come and do the Chicago poker run and for about $400 you get breakfest, lunch, dinner for 2 with a DVD and stills.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-12-2008 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 2404139)
Come and do the Chicago poker run and for about $400 you get breakfest, lunch, dinner for 2 with a DVD and stills.

Great deal !

What are the sizes and quantities of the "stills" that are included with that price ?