Notices

grand haven,mi cg fest

Old 08-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I finally made it out for a little while today. I got a late start around 11:30am and when I got to the Spring Lake M104 exit traffic was back up all the way onto I96. That is the farthest I have ever seen it backed up in 25 years. I headed up to Muskegon and back tracked down 31. The launch was a made house and the cops had Third Street closed so that was fun trying to turn around with the trailer.

Finally got on the water at 2pm and I went to Hanky Panky for a couple hours. I needed to be back in town tonight so we left HP around 5pm. I would say HP was packed with about as many boats that can fit.

There were about 10 cops out there on jet ski's and boats. I did not see them harassing anyone, they just watched to make sure it didn't get to outa control.

When we left there was sweet cat with turbines leaving as well. I think it was a Nortech, it had a big eagle’s wing on the side.

All in all a great day. Wish I could have stayed longer. Might be out again tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails grand haven,mi cg fest-img_2134-small-.jpg   grand haven,mi cg fest-img_2135-small-.jpg  
Old 08-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

Wish I could have made it, on top of recovering from a respitatory infection, the Lib had some issues I had to fix anyway. 3 years in a row I have missed CG fest.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreamer1q
Wish I could have made it, on top of recovering from a respitatory infection, the Lib had some issues I had to fix anyway. 3 years in a row I have missed CG fest.
when we went by your house on our way. i saw you hooked up.
todd
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

Yeah, just was unable to get the things fixed that needed fixing in time. Plus the wife decided to get sick around the same time. Two horrible weekends in a row now....first me sick, then her....
Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered

Cops were pretty good this weekend. I was told you could hear the dj's spinning loud and clear as you entered hanky. One cop came up at the beginning and said try to keep it somewhat toned down and never returned. Dj "shannon williams" and Dj "danimal" rocked the pank.

It was a great week! Had to spend sunday anchored in front of the state park to recover with a good friend bloody mary.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered

Chicken-Rafting off a swim platform with 50 boats tied to you makes for a fun afternoon.

grand haven,mi cg fest-dsc02116.jpg
Old 08-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Registered

Yeah, the platform was a foot under water a couple times. It was sketchy a couple times till we tied a bumper under the platform.

Way to get a pick to remind me...
Old 08-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh
Cops were pretty good this weekend. I was told you could hear the dj's spinning loud and clear as you entered hanky. One cop came up at the beginning and said try to keep it somewhat toned down and never returned. Dj "shannon williams" and Dj "danimal" rocked the pank.

It was a great week! Had to spend sunday anchored in front of the state park to recover with a good friend bloody mary.

We LAUNCHED at 6:30 last night Better late than never Just there just in time to see the big ship leave port and head out. Lynchie was absolutly amazed watching that thing. We ran around alittle bit but didn't see anyone. I did manage to burn up 23 gallons of fuel in one hour though
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Can't beleive we did'nt pass you in the channel, did he get to see the first ship leave? They had the water pumps blowing water about 100+ feet in the air. They kept it going until you could not see them. It looked like a big butterfly. The second one was getting ready to leave when we were on the way in.

Sounds like you had fun!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered

CHICKEN- Your an F-N Grand Haven Tool. You should have taken your chance for a free enema from the Coast Guard you pole smoker.... And who was the rump shaker with camo and Pink boa?

Last edited by MidnightRider; 08-04-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: grand haven,mi cg fest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.