5 out of 5 Great Lakes under the belt >

5 out of 5 Great Lakes under the belt

Notices

5 out of 5 Great Lakes under the belt

Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 out of 5 Great Lakes under the belt

If anyone has followed the Benton Harbor to Chicago thread you'll already know that I have just completed the trip which makes it offical that I have now had my boat in all 5 of the great lakes. And for those that think Lake St. Clair should count as well then I can say 6 out of 6. As for rivers traveled that would include the St. Lawerance, St. Clair & Detroit, not to mention all of the smaller ones getting in out off various launches/ports etc.

Anyone else out there got all 5 under their belt?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats man! Hope you had a nice trip, weather couldn't have been nicer! We were at the beach on Sunday, but had battery issues Sat and steering issues Monday.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Congrats man! Hope you had a nice trip, weather couldn't have been nicer! We were at the beach on Sunday, but had battery issues Sat and steering issues Monday.
Thanks, Trip was one of the best yet. next time I'm in Chicago I will skip the museums and try for a little more boating. maybe the Chicago River or just hang out in I think it was called the play pen just north of Navy Pier. Sorry to here about the issues with the boat Chit happens been there done that
Old 09-02-2008, 08:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Congratulations ! That is something to be proud of, for sure. I have done them all except for Superior and to be honest I have no plans to go up there ....... ever! LOL Way too cold but I have driven the northern shoreline to Thunder Bay. Very beautiful.
Again, congrats.
Bob
Old 09-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Congratulations ! That is something to be proud of, for sure. I have done them all except for Superior and to be honest I have no plans to go up there ....... ever! LOL Way too cold but I have driven the northern shoreline to Thunder Bay. Very beautiful.
Again, congrats.
Bob
Thanks. Superior if timed right isn't that cold as long as you stay in the boat. I did the Munising - Pictured Rocks area this past July mid 70s water temp yeah cold as always. Not as many boats up there as I would have expected. If I were to hit Superior again I might have to consider the far west end as there are a fair number of islands providing a little protection.