Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes and Canada (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada-219/)
-   -   Torch Lake MI boaters? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada/229619-torch-lake-mi-boaters.html)

EASY WAKE 05-03-2010 09:29 AM

Torch Lake MI boaters?

Hi Everyone
New to the sight and was woundering if there are any Torch Lake Mi boaters on this sight?
I spend most all my weekends on Torch Lake Mi, I have a cabin on the north east side of Torch Lake and was wondering if there are ever any cool events on Torch Lake for us go fast boaters?
I just purchased a 1987 202 stinger Chris Craft and install a 8.1 Volvo DP, we ran it for the first time this past weekend on Torch, and i was ready to get the summer started !

Well got to go, hope to here from the Northern Mi go fast group!
JR

hotjava66 05-03-2010 12:13 PM

I try to get up there a couple times a year, just got back into the boating scene this year though. Dont know about any events per say, but there were a fair amount of performance boats on the sandbar last summer when I was up there.

EASY WAKE 05-03-2010 12:52 PM

Yeah, spend alot of time on the sandbar, have for the last 15 years, my kids grew up on the sandbar playing volley ball and catching th sun!
Can't wait for the warm weather!
Tough boating last year with bad weather
Were going to do more boating up your way this summer on and around round lake.
JR

Reality Check 05-03-2010 04:16 PM

We head up for the 4th every year! Like it was said before, hang out on the sand bar. We'll have about 8 or so boats headed this year! Might see you around. :ernaehrung004:

JWoolever 05-03-2010 08:27 PM

I live near the area and get out there and Elk Lake a bit, dont know of any special events yet.
Maybe see some of you on the lake this summer.

wrinkleface 05-03-2010 08:49 PM

a little north of ya on Lake Charlevoix most w/e's!!! can't get the boat on Torch, no good launches but love that lake!! have some friends down there!! Gorgeous waters!!:coolcowboy:

motoboy 05-03-2010 10:27 PM

We were out there last Friday afternoon.
Went to the Dockside for food. There was an older 257 Formula and a newer orange colored Four Winns out there as well.

I'd post pics but the site won't let me.....

Usually I go out on East Bay from Elk Rapids in the summer.

JWoolever I was on your boat when it was at the dealership in Pontiac. Nice. :)

mb.

bill63 05-04-2010 01:38 PM

Great lake love it look for us we get out there on a 29 Fountain cc white/purple with egg beaters we launch at luhrs on the touch river.

motoboy 05-04-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by bill63 (Post 3101842)
Great lake love it look for us we get out there on a 29 Fountain cc white/purple with egg beaters we launch at luhrs on the touch river.

Where bouts in Kalkaska are you?
I'm up on Twin Lake rd.
Usually launch at Elk Rapids or the DNR ramp on torch river.
Sometimes make it up to the city launch on lake charlevoix as well.

Dwight

bill63 05-04-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by motoboy (Post 3101891)
Where bouts in Kalkaska are you?
I'm up on Twin Lake rd.
Usually launch at Elk Rapids or the DNR ramp on torch river.
Sometimes make it up to the city launch on lake charlevoix as well.

Dwight

We are close i am on black bear rd across from Cub lake near Dingamans Dumb bar. We love lake charlevioux trailer there often. i keep my fountain in my polebarn up there. we have to hook up.
bill