Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
WOW Torch Lake was ROCKING!!!!! WHO WAS THERE? >

WOW Torch Lake was ROCKING!!!!! WHO WAS THERE?

Notices

WOW Torch Lake was ROCKING!!!!! WHO WAS THERE?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was there all week at the cabin. I am on our fire department down-state and was talking with the local fire department on duty over the 4th. Based on that conversation the tard and idiot level was way up. Some people really know how to f up thier holiday! But, our week was perfect! I only did drive bys to the sandbar and hung out at the dock.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab31
Was there all week at the cabin. I am on our fire department down-state and was talking with the local fire department on duty over the 4th. Based on that conversation the tard and idiot level was way up. Some people really know how to f up thier holiday! But, our week was perfect! I only did drive bys to the sandbar and hung out at the dock.
If you have never been to the north end, theres a nice little quiet beach at the very northend of the lake, i think a nice hot boat get together would be awesome there!

Great place for family, if you get tired of the south end sandbar!

Nice launch and pier in Torch lake village, north west side!

Awesome to here you had a great week!!!!
JR
Old 07-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Well I don't always make it to the north end ($$$) but next time I'm up ill shoot ya a pm....
Sounds great!
Might make it down to the southern end this weekend!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab31
I LOVE the sandbar. But every year more and more non-boaters walk out there. They are young, drunk and many have no courtesy. I know I'm getting older but I still like to party. But even back in the day when I got wasted I still managed to keep some composure. But then again I was semi-pro. I've found that most people can't handle their booze.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We've had our cabin there for 10 years now and about a mile from the sandbar. I guess I'm in the little older crowd but still like to party and hang out at the sandbar too. The north end is great also, any part of that lake is great! We were there at the north end, my wife's cousin rented a house at that end next to the public launch there. We will pack a lunch and drinks and go to the north end and just hang out and float on the boat. Labor day weekend will be another great weekend too if the weather is good.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Was at the sandbar on sat. Was good. But not great
Old 07-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
Was at the sandbar on sat. Was good. But not great
I would have to say that the sand bar was much busyier than the past 4ths, which made it a little more scary than past years, we used to be able to put up a vollyball net and have some family fun along with the drinking, this year was way to crowded for having a good time with vollyball fun, that was a sad moment for us, so yeah a little fun taken out of the 4th party for us! So i agree good but not Great!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Registered

heading to the sandbar this weekend!
Hope the weather is good!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered

Weekend of Aug. 7th we have a group going that show up every year. Hope the weather stays hot we'll be there Saturday
Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Registered

We're goingfor sure weather looks good, hope to see some of ya out there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.