Notices

Grand River

Old 09-20-2022, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Grand River

Like it or pass?? Anyone on here that runs the river? I was kayaking out there this weekend and was surprised the size of boats out there, has me interested in doing it sometime. Obv not knowing anything of the river concerns me, any areas or objects to watch out? Good places to launch?
Old 01-21-2023, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 88 Posts

Just ran across your post. I'm on the Grand River all the time. Unfortunately this past year on a pontoon but I digress. These past few years the water has been so high that you could almost go shore to shore and not worry. The water is now dropping so this upcoming season will be more towards "normal levels" . Just follow the buoys and you'll be fine all the way to the old gravel pit which is the end of the buoys. Long ride though because of all the "no wake" zones. I suppose it depends on where you're coming from as far as launches go. I use the Riverside Park launch which is pretty nice but in the river so the current can be tough some days. Odawa park is smaller but no current. The municipal is the closest to the lake I think.
The following users liked this post:
Zack_Evans_6.7 (05-21-2023)