Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes and Canada (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada-219/)
-   -   Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada/243598-looking-good-vinyl-work-cockpit.html)

low_psi 12-05-2010 02:08 PM

Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)

I have a 2003 Velocity 260 that needs a complete cockpit vinyl rework including engine cover/sundeck. All panels are plastic, not wood and all foam is in perfect shape. I purchased the boat as a repo that was left in Vegas sun, so the vinyl lost all color. All of the vinyl is intact and un ripped but looks like $hit. Anyway I have complete interior removed from the boat an looking for a reliable person to do the work. I have been quoted $3500 from a shop down the road. I have no idea if that is high, low, or spot on..... My requirement is, all work obviously must be high quality, but also need to replicate the factory set up exactly. I am located in the Downriver MI area (Wyandotte to be exact). Anyone know of some shops or privaters that are local and do excellent work?

Ebay Ed 12-05-2010 04:41 PM

only place to go is XT Innovations in Bucyrus Ohio if you want it done right and they are only a few hours from you Ed 419-721-1778

wjb21ndtown 12-05-2010 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by low_psi (Post 3267516)
I have a 2003 Velocity 260 that needs a complete cockpit vinyl rework including engine cover/sundeck. All panels are plastic, not wood and all foam is in perfect shape. I purchased the boat as a repo that was left in Vegas sun, so the vinyl lost all color. All of the vinyl is intact and un ripped but looks like $hit. Anyway I have complete interior removed from the boat an looking for a reliable person to do the work. I have been quoted $3500 from a shop down the road. I have no idea if that is high, low, or spot on..... My requirement is, all work obviously must be high quality, but also need to replicate the factory set up exactly. I am located in the Downriver MI area (Wyandotte to be exact). Anyone know of some shops or privaters that are local and do excellent work?

There was a place that people were sending skins to in order to have them duplicated. If you're comfortable removing and re-installing it might be a good option.

May want to post the idea in the boating on a budget forum if you're interested in it.

JohnAT 12-05-2010 05:00 PM

low psi, I have seen Ed's boat interior in person, outstanding workmanship. When I need anything done to my interior, I will be taking it to them.

specialk 12-05-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown (Post 3267622)
There was a place that people were sending skins to in order to have them duplicated. If you're comfortable removing and re-installing it might be a good option.

May want to post the idea in the boating on a budget forum if you're interested in it.

Copycat covers in florida. I used them for 1 panel that got screwed up on my boat. you send them the skin and they copy it. i was happy with the results and the price however like anything else, i have read some bad stories about the place in other forums here. i would use them again.

THEJOKER 12-05-2010 08:36 PM

Why not ship back to the Velocity factory?

low_psi 12-05-2010 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 3267823)
Why not ship back to the Velocity factory?

I don't think shipping an entire interior back to the factory would be very cost effective.......

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed (Post 3267618)
only place to go is XT Innovations in Bucyrus Ohio if you want it done right and they are only a few hours from you Ed 419-721-1778

I sent XT an email this evening with the link below. Hopefully they can give me a ballpark price based on the pics and measurements I took.

http://site.activesportsunglasses.co...rior_work.html

Alum Metal Fab 01-14-2011 11:39 AM

Another vote for XT. Seen they're work up close and its A+.

NKissau 01-16-2011 01:55 PM

low psi,
Any update on this? Did you talk to XT? Kind of interested myself.

low_psi 01-16-2011 07:14 PM

I ended up going with a local guy. XT offered a very competative price, actually exactly what my local guy and another shop quoted. XT even offered to pick up the parts from me while they had a driver in town. I just prefer when possible to keep my money local......