Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes and Canada (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada-219/)
-   -   Lake St. Clair Buddies (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada/250451-lake-st-clair-buddies.html)

Formula16 03-30-2011 07:01 PM

Lake St. Clair Buddies

Just bought a 33' Formula and looking for some other boats out there to hang with, also trying to see the best place o keep it, thinking Macray because its closer to home.

prostock3 03-30-2011 08:17 PM

welcome, im out there every weekend

NKissau 03-31-2011 05:44 AM

Welcome Formula16. Macray is a nice marina, also Miller marina, which is down toward the nautical mile. The owner Chip Miller is on here all the time and I believe offers discounts to OSO members.

My wife and I are also out on St. Clair pretty much every weekend. We usually stay at metro beach.

Drock78 03-31-2011 06:41 AM

personally i recommend Miller's. i stayed there last year for a weekend and wont hesitate to go back. the rates are great and the customer service is outstanding. Chip was on vacation but his mother is one of the nicest ladies i've ever met. It was labor day weekend and they were slow and she gave us her cell # and home # and told us if we needed anything at all to just give her a call and she would be right there. not many will do that for customers!

thirdchildhood 03-31-2011 07:27 AM

I boat week-days. Monday-Thursday. I spend a lot of time on St. Clair. If you are new to the lake get charts and get to know it. Stay in the channels in the rivers. I put in north of Metro Beach. Put-in-Bay is a favorite run or up the St. Clair River into Lake Huron. I also like to cross the lake to the Thames River. Not many people go over there and you can sometimes find good water if the lake is acting up. If you are a week-day boater let me know. It's crazy on week-ends.

THE 288 KID 03-31-2011 07:41 AM

Only down fall about millers marina is they frown on sex in the bathroom facilities... Lmao. On a serious note. Chips mom is a great lady and goes the extra mile to earn your business. If you don't want to float slip it they do a thing where they store it in their huge barn on your trailer, u call and say your coming and they have it out for u when u get there ready to drop in. Don't quote me but I think its around 5-600$/season.

Drock78 03-31-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID (Post 3364567)
Only down fall about millers marina is they frown on sex in the bathroom facilities... Lmao. On a serious note. Chips mom is a great lady and goes the extra mile to earn your business. If you don't want to float slip it they do a thing where they store it in their huge barn on your trailer, u call and say your coming and they have it out for u when u get there ready to drop in. Don't quote me but I think its around 5-600$/season.

Lmfao! I think it was $600 for my old 26' barge.

Formula16 03-31-2011 02:51 PM

Ive looked at the nautical mile but on a good day its 40 mins, and coming from work during the week is even worse.

39NAS-T 04-01-2011 09:28 AM

Welcome to the Lake and congrats on the Formula. Well see you out there!

fantastixvoyage 04-01-2011 11:36 AM

Welcome! You will make LSC friends quick, just post on here and there's always people rafting up together. I mostly head straight for the moot and tie up but hope to do more running around this year with some of the other go-fast crowd.

NAS-T didn't realize your were from Rochester. Ran with you guys for a bit a few years back in the Boyne run, I was driving the green batboat. Nice looking classic cat, cig looks great too!