Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes and Canada (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada-219/)
-   -   Going to Lake Michigan (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/great-lakes-canada/255053-going-lake-michigan.html)

Jeffro2525 06-03-2011 03:11 PM

Going to Lake Michigan

Later in June, I'm going to do some prop testing at BBlades, then go to the big lake for the frist time! I need some suggestions on fun stuff to do and places to go! Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance, Jeffro

THE 288 KID 06-03-2011 08:19 PM

Where u putting in on the lake?

jbraun2828 06-03-2011 10:12 PM

It's a big lake. Where do you plan on starting?

Downtown42 06-04-2011 07:29 AM

Are you testing props in Green Lake?

If so, after you are done there, I would trailer down to Milwaukee and launch at McKinley Marina. From Milwaukee you can run down to Racine or north to Port Washington.

Milwaukee will have the most action, the riverfront has plenty of places to tie up.

obsessed1 06-04-2011 07:32 AM

Jeffro,

Do you plan on boating only 1 day or overnighting? Northpoint Marina in Winthrop Harbor IL is a nice facility. Its about a 3hr ride from BBlades. Big ramp with no fees. A hand ful of performance boats on any given weekend. There are quite a few destinations North or South, depending on the distance you want to travel. Chicago, Waukegan, Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee are all decent spots to hit. I personally would head North to Racine. Very boat friendly docks, plenty of shopping and food within a short walking distance. I guess its all in what your looking to do. Lake Michigan is huge!!! You have alot of options.

drpete3 06-04-2011 07:50 AM

Check out the Boyne Thunder threads here on OSO. We have some awesome lake MI boating

Jeffro2525 06-04-2011 10:58 AM

Yes, I will be testing in green lake. I dont really care where i put in, just dont want to drive 5 hours to do it. There will be two couples on the boat and fun is not a option, its standard equipment! Ha! Going to try to spend the weekend.

thanks Jeffro

Revd Up 06-04-2011 10:45 PM

I would go to Milwaukee. Then head south down to Racine, or Chicago it you want to burn some fuel. Plenty of water to run and plenty of people on the site to party with along the way.:grinsero010: You really need to cruise the Chicago River and waterfront though, It's spectacuar

509 SC 06-06-2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffro2525 (Post 3420122)
Yes, I will be testing in green lake. I dont really care where i put in, just dont want to drive 5 hours to do it. There will be two couples on the boat and fun is not a option, its standard equipment! Ha! Going to try to spend the weekend.

thanks Jeffro

Not sure how things are on Green Lake these days, but I know a few years back, they really got tuff on noise. Hopefully, they're over that now (yeah, right!)
Steve

GK 06-06-2011 10:21 PM

Launch at McKinley Marina in Milwaukee, the ramps can easily handle your boat. Great water and fun spots on the river downtown Milw to check out.