Notices

Torch Lake

Old 06-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Torch Lake

Heading to Torch Lake again this weekend, supposed to be great weather... hope to see you out there
Old 06-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you seen the water patrol checking exhaust noise levels this year? I heard they were checking last weekend.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes they have been, the local sheriff came up to me while i was unloading at the marina and said they would be out checking noise levels. toss the mufflers on for the check so you get your pass slip then throw the straight pipes back on!! lol
Old 06-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Heading to Torch Lake again this weekend, supposed to be great weather... hope to see you out there
I'll be at the Dockside via motorcycle Sunday afternoon.

mb.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We're Heading up there the weekend of july 8...are they checking noise levels every weekend? I hear its a $300 ticket and there targeting for noisey boats.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lucky cat
We're Heading up there the weekend of july 8...are they checking noise levels every weekend? I hear its a $300 ticket and there targeting for noisey boats.
300 beans. That's kinda pricey.....
Old 06-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered

Talked to a guy last year up there that got a noise ticket and I don't think it was 300$, I wanna say 100-150ish?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
yes they have been, the local sheriff came up to me while i was unloading at the marina and said they would be out checking noise levels. toss the mufflers on for the check so you get your pass slip then throw the straight pipes back on!! lol
Well that sucks! I have been going to Torch for years and I have never even been looked at twice. I ordered some slip-in mufflers but I don't know if they are going to make me legal.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Registered

Guys, the water patrol is pretty decent as long as your not bringing to much attention to yourself. If they see you doing what you can to mitigate your noise level. ie: idling on one engine in the river, not throttling up in front of the sand bar or near other boats. and just using common sense they will most likely look the other way. IMO, they will be way to busy to mess with db. levels. Hopefully its hot and sunny, its long overdue! Have a great weekend and 4th! PM
Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
Guys, the water patrol is pretty decent as long as your not bringing to much attention to yourself. If they see you doing what you can to mitigate your noise level. ie: idling on one engine in the river, not throttling up in front of the sand bar or near other boats. and just using common sense they will most likely look the other way. IMO, they will be way to busy to mess with db. levels. Hopefully its hot and sunny, its long overdue! Have a great weekend and 4th! PM
I hope you're right! That's the way it's always been up there.

But a friend was stopped a couple weeks ago when he was idling out of Clam Lake and they said they were checking people with thru hull exhaust. He said they were really cool about it and he passed at 89.1 db. I'm WAY louder than he is! LOL I'm guessing that homeowner's on the lake have been complaining.

You going to be around this weekend?

Last edited by onesickpantera; 06-30-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.